Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

never hunted

Old 08-31-2008, 01:44 PM

Default never hunted

im 17 years old and my dad and grandpa have no interest in hunting and i cant by my owm gun for a while and want to hunt. any suggestions?

Austen
Old 08-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: never hunted

Do you have any friends that hunt? Maybe one of them can take you hunting and let you borrow a gun. I had a friend growing up that I took hunting all the time. His own dad was a big deer hunter but would never take him. What an ass. I would let him borrow a .22 or .410 and we would go squirrel hunting. Even when my friend got older, his dad would hardly ever take him hunting. My friend probably would have become an avid deer hunter if it were not for his dad. He wanted to go hunting with his dad, but the ***hole wouldn't take him. My dad would take me squirrel hunting when I was a kid, but he didn't deer, duck, or turkey hunt. I picked up on those on my own. I am definately a self taught hunter.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:09 PM

thanks for the help but none of my friends hunt either.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just an idea, but when you are in school, try to become friends with guys who do hunt. Tell someone about your situation. It sounds like the only way you are going to get a chance to start hunting now is to go with a friend. Maybe one of your friends is a friend of someone who hunts. He can introduce you to him. Good luck and I hope you are able to go hunting this Fall. If you do, you will be hooked for life.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:31 PM

Where are you from? Try to find an organization that does mentorship hunts in your area. There are a lot of programs out there to get young people into hunting.Plenty of people wouldbe more than willing to help you out.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:45 PM

thaks yall. I live in Houston, TX. know of any organizations?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

AJ, go to this website http://mycoa.org/click on theyouth hunts tab and go from there, I am not real sure of how it all works butI know Micheal personally, he too is a Mossy Oak Pro Stafferand if there is anything he can do to help get you in the woods I know he will. Good Luck and keep us informed of your progress
Old 08-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Hi,

Curtis gave you good info. COA should be able to get you set up. They have spots in the youth hunts where you can "Borrow" and adult to help you hunt.

Jake
Old 08-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, man, hang in there!

God Bless
Old 08-31-2008, 08:50 PM

Im somewhat in the same boat. I have friends that hunt, i just dont own my own gun yet. Come deer season here, I should have one... hopefully... crossing my fingers.

Everyone else has given great advice. Try to find some friends that like to hunt.

Quick Reply: never hunted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.