Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Anyone else tired of being robbed in IL?! >

Anyone else tired of being robbed in IL?!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anyone else tired of being robbed in IL?!

Old 04-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone else tired of being robbed in IL?!

This Gov. Blogojevic (Blo-go) has got to learn to keep his hands off our natural resource money. This SOB thinks he's a kid and our conservation money is his own personal cookie jar.

Since Manning has left as Director of DNR (he left because he knew working with a selfish, self-centered SOB like Blo-go wasn't going to work) we've had a director that couldn't direct a raindrop to the ground and now Sam Flood. These guys are political friends of the Gov - not conservation professionals like Manning. Damn! Manning is now back in IL, working for the DuPage County Forest Preserve. A very dedicated, professional - working for a very dedicated, profesional and well managed agency. The cream always rises to the top doesn't it?

Since Blo-go has gotten a taste of the cookies, he just can't keep his hand out of the cookie jar. He's got a sweet tooth and he's going to satisfy it with DNR funds. This sweet tooth has to be knocked out! That is the only way we are going to restore our DNR to where it once was - the top of the country.

Since Blo-go has been in office he has cut the DNR budget roughly 25%!
(from about $215 million to 170-something million)
Since Blo-go has been in office he has cut roughly 25% of DNR jobs!
(from roughly 2,100 jobs to 1,700 jobs)
Jobs such as park superintendents and park maintenance workers. Don't believe me? Just visit any state park you are familiar with and look how they are all slowly slipping away in terms of quality. Soon they will all look like CookCounty forest preserves.............mis-managed, garbage strewn dumps!

Although he was cutting (eliminating) DNR jobs - the SOB found some positions for a couple of his political suck-up friends who never worked DNR.

As a 2nd generation hunter safety instructor here in IL, I can tell you his cuts are SERIOUSLY affecting our operations! Just geting our hands on basic instructional materials has become quite a challenge as the support people in Springfield have been trimmed MUCH MORE than the 25% average. It is RIDICULOUS!

I'm just hoping Blo-go is the next guy invited to hunt with Dick Cheney and it's deer with slugs - not birds with shot! [:@]

I'd like to spit in this guy's eye. Given the chance, I would! He better hope he never shows his candy-coated butt at any outdoors functions I'm at.I guarantee he'll make a hasty departure as I continually and loudly, verbally lite his butt up.

Then again the POC can't be dumb enoughto go smile at people he continually robs can he? Oh yeah - he is a politician.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone else tired of being robbed in IL?!

Don`t hold back Uncle Matt, tell us what you REALLY think about him!

Seriously, I feel for you guys, DNR generated money should STAY with the DNR. It is a shame that with a state as big as Illinois you don`t have millions of acres of DNR owned hunting grounds. Pretty tough to purchase land when you get no money though.

And, if I am not mistaken, Illinois only has like one or two field wardens for every two county area.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

The state is going down hill when it comes to DNR , theres no doubt about that. I don't know what to do anymore, I just let things pan out, I guess thats all I can do...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Rock the vote and throw his azz out , there are more people in Il. than there are in Chicagoland .
Old 04-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

If we can believe a recent poll, Blago is leading in the governor's race in Chicago AND with southern IL. voters. I sure didn't think anyone out of Chicago would support him.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would give anything to get him out of office. He has fired DNR personel, and cut funding, while all at the same time finding positions for his Chicago buddies.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

I feel for you guys in ILL. I live in Mich. and are Goverment and DNR don't know squat about conservation or how to manage sportsmans $.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

I cant stand him a bit either............

BUt what about the woman running against him?

Any better?

Old 04-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Any better?
Maybe not, but I doubt she can be any worse. We can also bet that she won't bow to Chicago's politics and try to institute a statewide gun bill that could technically outlaw anything other than single shot shotguns and hunting rifles.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Any better?
Maybe not, but I doubt she can be any worse. We can also bet that she won't bow to Chicago's politics and try to institute a statewide gun bill that could technically outlaw anything other than single shot shotguns and hunting rifles.
I couldnt agree with you more,but Cougar Mag you never know when the old farmer down the road is going to go take his deer huntingRemington 1100 to go cap some rival farm[:'(]. Please give me a break. Bogy doesn't understand that the ones he is hurting with his gun bill isn't the criminals or gang bangers. They can still find the ways to come up with the guns whether it be legal or not, because what do they care if they are going to go out and shoot someone if their gun is legal or not.

It ludacris thatthe majority of peopleaffected by hisidea are going to be your average respectful citizens that obey the laws and use common sense when handling firearms.

Sorry for the rant, but this topic gets me fired up a bit. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.