Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Waterfowl Hunting In Wisconsin Question??? >

Waterfowl Hunting In Wisconsin Question???

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Waterfowl Hunting In Wisconsin Question???

Old 03-28-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Waterfowl Hunting In Wisconsin Question???

Hoping can help with a question? I am moving into a house on some waterfront in Salem (Kenosha County) and trying to find out if I can hunt the lake. I called Salem Township (among others similar places) and they all were not really sure and all told me DNR would know for sure. I called DNR and they said as far as they know I can hunt on the lake but are not certain. Well, how the heck can I know for certain? Does anyone know of a specific rule that says I can hunt a lake if I have rights to it? Any info would be appreciated – thanks.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:10 AM

Default RE: Waterfowl Hunting In Wisconsin Question???

Contact the conservation police. If anybody would know, they would. (as in - if you were caught hunting there what would the fine be)
Old 04-23-2006, 02:28 AM

Which lake? Silver, Camp, Center,Hooker, Montgomery? Yes to all of them. Been hunting these lakes for years. Some only have a few spots that are safe to set up on. Lots of hunter pressure last year as water levels were down so fewer accesable spots.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:18 PM

Thanks AlaskaDave.I did find out I can hunt the lake, but I am not sure I will be getting the house. Rules for duck hunting in Wisconsin are pretty different than Illinois. Like how far apart do blinds have to be? I think I asked the DNR this question too and I don't remember getting a specific answer - I think he just said you have to use commom sense. Well, that is easier said than done especially when you have too many guys with limited spots - hopefully everyone can compromise. And how far do you have to be from a road or residence - I tried looking for this info on the WI DNR website and couldn't find it. Anyway, if you were ever interested in getting a non-resident license for illinois and swapping some goose/duck hunts, just let me know. I have a great farm in Antioch and we do pretty good with geese and dove. The ducks are limited since it is a smaller pond we hunt (although I have shot a few divers on it). But an early season goose/dove combination hunt is a lot of fun.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:00 PM

I think I just answered you in another post. Been kicking the idea about slipping over the border again[8D]I live just behind Silver Lake on the Fox River. Before they tore out the Wilmont dam we always had a set amount of water in this part of the river. Now sometimes not enough.Where I use to shoot ducks you could plant crops.