Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana... >

Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Old 04-07-2006, 10:31 PM

Default RE: Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

While ol mich ain worth a hoot. He is still better that the other one that ran. You know its funny but until obannon died he was not even going to run for lt gov again. But then again I did not vote for obannon or him. I did vote for mich but as the lesser of two evils. Sometimes your damned if you do and damned if you dont.

As for Clinton and Schumer, if its up to them we wont be hunting with anything but rocks.

I will admit I have the tendancy to say what I think. I do try to be civil most of the time though. Well at least until someone takes a cheap shot at me. But what I do know about bellar and rodneybruceis not good. Bellar went to jail and got shut down. Fair enough. Rodney Bruce asked for a permit to run a deer farm, not a high fenced hunting area. Deer farms are not what is not what they are trying to do away with. Small pen killing fields is.

When I hunt I go up 15 feet, with a bow there are times that it is possable to get a 40 or 50 yard shot. With my Knight 200 is not impossable. If your set up in the middle of a 3 acre pen it is possable to almost hit any spot in it if the pen is set up so that it is almost eqadistant on all sides. An acre is what 100 x 100 yds. So noI am not changing my mind.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

ORIGINAL: Big Country

And before some of you form your reply....I have NEVER hunted inside a high fence.

I have no plans of EVER hunting in a high fence.

I do not own, or work for, in any way, a high fence hunting preserve.

I simply do not go around thinking that killing privately owned animals by the owner of said animals, whether they are cows, hogs, sheep, deer, elk, etc. is any of my business.

I do have a fair amount of experience with high fence operations though.
?????????
hillbillyhunter1, both of those quotes are completely accurate.

There are many different objectives when having a high fence operation, hunting is not the only reason to have captive animals.

I never said I am not involved with a high fence operation, I did say that I was not involved with a high fenced HUNTING operation.

I have been to high fence hunting operations to look at animals, check out their operation, etc.

So, I stick with my quoted statements above........I have no ties whatever to a high fence hunting operation, and I DO know more than a little bit about high fence operations, both hunting, and for other purposes.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I figured there must be an agenda somewhere
Old 04-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

I figured there must be an agenda somewhere
No agenda in any way, shape, or form my friend. I live in a state that does NOT allow baiting, requires a license to hunt, no sunday hunting, just to name a few laws.

However, when it comes to high fence preserves, that same state realizes that the animals are privately owned, just like cattle, and if a high fence operator wishes, he may bait them, hunt them on sunday, and he does NOT need a license to do so.

Again, I have never hunted in a high fence, and I have no ties to a high fence hunting operation. I realize that high fences do not negatively impact me, or hunting as a whole, so I do not attempt to stop a man from exercising his private property ownership rights.

It really should not be that hard to follow. Now you may be just stiring the pot for a little fun, and that is fine, but Indianahick has made it obvious that he has no interest in admitting there is life outside of Indiana. It is painfully obvious that there should be no hunting that is not commonly accepted in rural Indiana. I notice that many pointed questions are completely ignored because any rational answer would clearly contradict his stance on this debate.

Indianahick has stated that he might be OK with a high fence hunt if the fence encompassed 15,000-20,000 acres minimum. That, by the way, is 23.43 to 31.25 SQUARE MILES!

If it does not nicely fit into Indianahicks personal ideals, then it must go.

What a sad way to go through life. I shoot 3-d`s, well right now I am recovering from surgery so I just walk and keep score, with guys well senior to Indianahick, and there ain`t a one of them that is that hardheaded, and narrowminded.

61 is not too old to admit you are mistaken on an issue.

I will ask Indianahick one more time, but I doubt he will offer a direct answer to the question........

Why should it be OK to raise privately owned cattle, hogs,sheep, or chickens and kill them when you want to, but it is not OK when we are talking about deer or elk?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, for all the folks that are AGAINST raising captive whitetails or elk........you do have one semi legitimate concern with these types of operations.

Unfortunately, nota single one of you has even mentioned it in passing. The ONLY points any of you have brought up are simply emotion filled, fact lacking responses.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing BC,

I do not have a problem with high fenced "canned" hunting from a legal perspective if EVERY SINGLE "HUNTABLE" (KILLABLE)ANIMAL THAT IS BEHIND THE FENCE HAS BEEN PURCHASED BY THE OWNER/OPERATOR, although I would participate in any action to detrimentally affect them economically (thru passing alongbad PR or whatever) when it comes to portraying themselves as hunting.

The owners of these places should NOT be allowed to fence in indigenous wild animals for hunting or even breeding (does) or even aesthetic purposes and, IN FACT, should have to have every single wild game-animal (I said game animal)trapped and removed or PURCHASED from the state at the time the fence is erected. Those animals do not belong to them--they belong to the public and should not be entrapped.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

hillbillyhunter1, what you described in your last post is almost EXACTLY how the law reads in PA for high fence operations.

And I agree with you on most everything you posted in your last post.

What I do disagree with from your last post is really minor..........I can assure you that a bowhunt in a 200 acre pen for deer that have NOT been bottle fed, and are not being pushed by another human, is as challenging as it gets.

I have tried filming and taking still photos of deer in 100 acre pens, and they know the minute you step in that pen. They want nothing to do with you. They actually will flee faster than wild deer.

My point is......as long as a high fence owner has at least 200 acres with no interior fences to minimize the deer movement, and that high fence operator lets every prospective client know up front that it is a high fence hunt.......I have no problem with man calling it hunting.

Now, for arguements sake......let us say that a hunting video producer like Primos, Drury brothers, Realtree, Jimmy Houston, etc. decide to film inside a high fence........I don`t care if it is a 10,000 acre high fence, they should immediately let anybody that might be buying, or viewing on TV, that the hunt was indeed filmed in a high fence enclosure.

Honesty I can live with.......deception I won`t go for.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:32 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Big Country

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Goodness, thought we lived in the good ole USA where a guy could be a slob hunter if he wants too.
Out of curiousity, who would be the bigger slob.............

1. A guy that kills an animal at a legitimate, legally run high fence operation.

2. A guy that goes to camp for the opener of gun season, goes hunting while hungover, or worse yet, drunk, and does not obey game laws.

Which one of these two would be the "slob hunter"?
I don't know. I have done the high fence pig hunt before. And I have to say I was thoughly, totally ashamed of myself. I never felt so bad for a kill in my life. But, if it doesn't bother other people, why should I force my experience on them.

For me, I feel the best when I scout, and watch, and then get up on opening day of bow, and stick me that animal that was making those rubs. Even if its a 4 point. Thats my high.

Some guys, its about partying with thier friends, and stumbling in the woods and falling asleep from a hangover on opening day of rifle. Thats thier high. I sure don't like it.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:36 AM
bigcountry

I am sorry for jumping in your guys arguement who won't participate in canned hunts but knows that freedom gives people the right to do them. But from an outsider looking in, I don't understand how it hurts you that someone out there is not giving the same amount of effort in hunting as you?

We all got to find our own highs in hunting. For me, this year, its taking up a longbow and only hunting with a sidelock. For my brother, he thinks thats the silliest thing he ever heard.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

bigcountry, I have never done the pig hunt like you described, but I do know many who have. They all pretty much came away with the same thoughts as you on the hunt.

It is not something I am interested in, but like you say, who am I to judge. I have a buddy that I watched pass up a 150" free roaming Illinois whitetail, because he has no problem waiting for an older, bigger one. Amazingly, he gets a kick out of doing one of those hog hunts you described every year? Go figure.

BTW, many high fence hunting operations are nothing like a hog shooting pen that you went to.

Good luck this coming season.............

Quick Reply: Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.