Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Am i wasting my time?????? >

Am i wasting my time??????

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Am i wasting my time??????

Old 10-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Am i wasting my time??????

hey guys i have been seeing a good bit of does lately but i cant find any sighn of bucks. what i would like to know is when will some bucks maybe pop out and maybe chase those does or something or is there even any bucks in this area i hunt in Ohio
Old 10-21-2002, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Am i wasting my time??????

Be Patients its early,Mature Bucks just starting to make sign and not really rutting yet. I seen several small bucks scattering does but not much more. Mature Bucks wont start chasing until closer to breeding time in Nov.

TrestandEd

"Hard work ... conviction ... pride ... responsibility ... class ... character ... success...BOWHUNTING
Old 10-22-2002, 04:07 PM

TreestandEd is right,be patient....like said,it is still early yet in the ohio area,illinois is already starting,possibly due to the cold snap we had.keep your eyes on the does,hunt where does are,where the does are,is where the bucks will be,watch the does,if they come out of the woods looking behind them,then there's a buck waiting just inside the woods.he's waiting for it to get a little darker(if hunting in the evening) or to make sure everything is ok before he comes out into the open(hunting anytime)good luck and be patient...you'll get em'.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:36 PM

Same problem her in Central Iowa. I think we are gettin gcloser to the rutt. I am being patient however it is tuff when looking for a big buck and only seeing does. It's hard not to draw on a doe.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:02 PM

Everyone is right be patient if your seeing lots of does the mature bucks will be looking for some love here soon.Dave
Old 10-25-2002, 10:29 AM

soon is the key word

propmahn