Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wrong Week To Take Vacation... >

Wrong Week To Take Vacation...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wrong Week To Take Vacation...

Old 10-24-2002, 12:43 PM

Default Wrong Week To Take Vacation...

I have been out 4 times on a buddy's private land here in central Ohio, and I have not seen one single deer. This place is loaded with deer trails and good oaks! The deer do not bed on his property. It is bordered by a nature preserve so they usually just pass through his property. Scouting, I have found a couple nice rubs and one good scrape, but I have yet to see a deer. I think I should have taken vacation next week or the week after! Oh well, I guess that's why they call it hunting???

Old 10-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wrong Week To Take Vacation...

I've been on va-ca this week too, but with a different story. I got my biggest whitetail buck ever this week with my bow. The story is on the bowhunting forum. Been seeing deer all over when I'm out. But you're right, that's hunting. Have fun! Jim

Old 10-24-2002, 10:58 PM

2eagles,congrats on your buck, way to stick with it and find him.Do you have any pics?I have my vacation Nov9th thru Nov25th.Just waiting for the big boys to start to run.Good luck to all.Dave
Old 10-25-2002, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

No, I don't do much on the pictures thing. I think I am going to do a skull mount, though. My son and I are going to hunt our late muzzle loader season and since I have a lot of venison in the freezer (I got a doe with my bow this year too.) I am going to be looking for a big boy. Jim

Old 10-26-2002, 05:16 AM

Hey Guys,
My son and I have been hunting New London Ohio since opening day of bow and have seen plenty of deer. My son seen a 10 point come out of the corn field but not close enough for a shot, he's still chasing it. I shot a 150 lb 6 point Oct 15th. We have not seen deer only 2-3 times, we hunt every day.