Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 One more opportunity.......... >

One more opportunity..........

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

One more opportunity..........

Old 01-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default One more opportunity..........

......... to get out in the stand. Today is the last day of our bow season so I will just have to get out there and see if I can't harvest just one more for the meat. I do have obligations w/ work but I'm going to knock those down as quickly as possible and get out there! Wish me luck.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: One more opportunity..........

Good Luck!

PS. where in Northern Ill.?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Matt,

Im not sure what county you hunt in but here where im at we can hunt the next 3 days due to the new CWD season.

Ill be trying to fill the freezer some more.

Don

2006 CWD Deer Season: IDNR will provide a special deer season Jan. 13-15 to help control the spread of chronic wasting disease in Boone, McHenry and Winnebago counties, and the northern part of DeKalb County (north of the East-West Tollway). Hunters with unfilled 2005 firearm, muzzleloader or archery deer permits valid for one of the four open counties may use those to hunt. Hunters using unfilled permits from the 2005 firearm, muzzleloader or archery season may take deer appropriate for that permit (antlerless-only or either-sex). Special CWD season permits were also issued previously. Check stations will be manned in the four counties and successful hunters who submit samples for CWD testing will be provided with an additional permit valid for the remainder of the season.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don K, this is Will county. We don't have the CWD advantage for a late season. Thanks for the well wishes though.

I couldn't find my last archery permit and went out and bought another set.

Half hour into stand, I started seeing deer and within the hour I had selected and arrowed a nice hefty doe - but the blood trail soon ran out and I couldn't find her after about 3-1/2 hours of looking. I think I clipped one of her lungs. The arrow was covered in blood. I took the ladder stand down after dark and decided to come back in the morning to try and trail her again, but it was raining good at sunrise and any chance of a blood trail being picked up was washed away. Not the ending I had wanted to a season - believe me.

By the way. Has anyone ever taken an 18', 2-man, 500# capacity ladder stand down - by themselves. Whoa is that sucker heavy!

But the freezer is full so all & all the season produced the most important result............my sweet venison.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

We don't have the CWD advantage for a late season
Matt, I would gladly trade our CWD advantage for a county that doesnt have it

Sorry to hear about the doe. Things happen while bowhunting although we wish they wouldnt.

I was out last night saw 9 does total but none where in Bowrange. This morning I was out and had a real nice buck come in to me right when I climbed in my stand. It was too dark to see what he really had but I could tell his rack was wider that his ears. He was milling around about 10 yards away but didnt stay long enough for good light and legal hours to shoot.

One more time this afternoon. Will have to have the walkman with me to check on the Bears score as im sitting in the stand.

I hunt some public land here and there in Will county. Was great last year and stunk this year.........

Don