Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Coyote hunters in Indiana >

Coyote hunters in Indiana

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Coyote hunters in Indiana

Old 01-05-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Coyote hunters in Indiana

Any coyote huntersfrom eastern Indiana or western Ohio area? Im new to coyote hunting. I live about 7 miles from the Indiana/Ohio state line on the Indiana side, east central part of the state I guess you could say. I went coyote hunting for the first time pretty much a few nights ago. Saw a couple coyoteswithin the first 10 minutes. But since that nightwe havent seen any the past couple nights. Coyotes are very populated around here. But that first night the wind was calm for the most part and the past couple nights its been windy. So, that may have something to do with the past couple nights. We have been hunting along the edge of woods and cornfields using a coon light with a red lense. Just wondering if anyone had any tips for hunting coyotes around Indiana? Like what calls to use, ect...and any other tipsthat might help our chances, I bought a johnny stewart gray fox and cottontail cassette tape yesterday. Havent used it yet but, I will give it a try here soon. Anyone had any success with cassette tapes?, If so what tape did you use? Thanks for any responses and any tips you may have.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote hunters in Indiana

I use a distress call... I don't go at night either I go early in the morning and in the evening. I set up in the woods and on the edge of fields. Primos make some great predator calls. If you know where there are some turkeys in the area set up close to where they roost and blow the distress call and sit back cause they are on their way.. Good luck
Old 01-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote hunters in Indiana

I dont hunt them but will shoot them if I see them. I use to trap when I was a kid and still have my traps. I go pick up road kill deer and take them out in the woods and field edges. I secure them so they wont be drug off and leave them for a week and let things eat on them. I then put my traps out. I caught 22 yotes last year.