Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Hog Hunting in WI >

Hog Hunting in WI

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hog Hunting in WI

Old 12-27-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Hog Hunting in WI

I am looking for a location on some of the feral hogs in WI. I will do my own knocking on doors and hunting setup, but am looking for some place to start, a city name or something like that. Any help would be appreciated. Email me [email protected] thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting in WI

I heard theres a lot by Johnson Creek, but landowners are keeping it quiet!! GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too am looking for a place to hunt hogs in Wi. I live in Clark county and there are some scattered around but havent seen any on my land yet. So in the mean time im looking around.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would love to sink an arrow into one of those beasts!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:39 AM

yea I would love to shoot one with a bow, I am mostly just a bowhunter and just use rifles to fill freezers--just not that much of a challenge for me anymore--I have hunted hogs with a bow down in TX and they are actually pretty tough to shoot--they have a huge heavy piece of cartilage and fat over their entire front shoulders--basiclly back to where the liver would be on a whitetail. You can get an arrow through this, but if you dont hit the heart or can see where the hog went to die, the fat on that cartilage plate seals up the hole and the blood trail disappears. I am looking forward to trailing these guys over snow--that will be so much easier than through the texas hill country scrub bush.
You know with as destructive as these animals, you would think that farmers would be going head over heels trying to get hunters killing them.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:54 PM

yeah, i've always wanted to try hog hunting. figured if i could find a hot spot i'd go hunt it. all you need is a small game license right? no bag limit, possesion limit etc....? good luck
Old 12-27-2005, 05:07 PM

all you need is a small game license, no bag limit, no hunting hours, no weapon restrictions(minus the usual split between shotgun and rifle zones in WI)--the DNR asks that you take a sample of the diaphram muscle for tissue testing--i dont know how you are supposed to send it to them
Old 01-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a map showing feral pig sightings and kills in WI.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/Images/Publ/factsheets/pig/WisconsinFeralPigMap.pdf