Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Richland county Illinois >

Richland county Illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Richland county Illinois

Old 12-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Richland county Illinois

Anybody here hunt in Richland county? I don't know about the point scoring system, but there were a bunch of 8-15 pointers taken within a mile or so of my land. There are literally more deer than rabbits around...
Old 12-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Richland county Illinois

If you need any help thinning them out, let me know..........I am only 45 minutes away in Crawford County.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where in Crawford County? My sister lives in Oblong and I spend a lot of time hanging out in the "Bend"on the Embarras river southwest of Oblong.

My land is about 4 miles south of Claremont (10 miles southeast of Olney). If you want to bow hunt it before the end of the season let me know. I'd like to see somebody get a deer off of it this year. I now live in Ohio and the out-of state permits are too rich for my blood.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Email sent.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

We do pretty well here,Northwest of Xenia in Clay County,I got a fairly decent 10 point,with the shotgun this year,Not my biggest,but not my smallest either.There were a couple of 150 or higher class taken around here,but my luck wasn't that good.I could still use some meat so I might try the late winter doe season.I still have my landowner anterless tag left.
Bill
Old 01-04-2006, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Where in Crawford County? My sister lives in Oblong and I spend a lot of time hanging out in the "Bend"on the Embarras river southwest of Oblong.

My land is about 4 miles south of Claremont (10 miles southeast of Olney). If you want to bow hunt it before the end of the season let me know. I'd like to see somebody get a deer off of it this year. I now live in Ohio and the out-of state permits are too rich for my blood.
If you own the land, can't you get landowner tags ( I beleive that they are free)?

Mark
Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mark,

To my knowledge, in Illinois you have to own at least 40 acres of land to qualify for any sort of landowners permit. Kind of bad when one has to throw their hat in the lotteryin order to hunt their own land.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Lanse:
You are absolutely correct,You must own a mimimum of 40 acres to qualify for landowner tags.You still need a habitat stamp to hunt your land,but no hunting license.

Bill
Old 01-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Redneck,

I wish that i was wrong. It would be nice to see the state do something about lowering the acreage requirements given that more and more people are buying relatively small tracts of land for hunting. I would be happy if they would just change it so that an out-of-state landowner can buy a permit at the in-state price.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Lanse:
I completely agree with you,but it will never happen.I have a favorite saying."Wish in one hand,S--t in the other.See which one fills up first".

Bill

Quick Reply: Richland county Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.