Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 i need a place to hunt!! >

i need a place to hunt!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

i need a place to hunt!!

Old 12-24-2005, 03:18 AM

Default i need a place to hunt!!

hi there to all you out enjoying the great sport of hunting in this great country of ours!! i am a young amature hunter im 23,i am not that experienced,mostly small game so far squirrels rabbit and coyote....i am very interested in larger game..i.e. turkey,deer,pheasant, bobtail,goose baisicaly anything you can hunt i want to hunt....problem is 1.i dont have a place to do it,is there anyone out there who can give me some info on public hunting grounds or someone who has private property they would alow me and my friend to hunt on,for any type of game,i dont care what it is,even just coyot's is fine!! 2.i dont know how to skin anything large like a deer and there are no hunters in my family to show me how,were all just carpenters! are there any video's or book out there that can show you step by step how to's?
thanks in advance for any help i might receive and take a kid hunting,so they dont end up lacking knowlege like me!!!! god bless tony
Old 12-24-2005, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need a place to hunt!!

one thing that might help is let us know the general area of where you live so some that lives in the same area can help you find a spot.

Old 12-26-2005, 06:32 PM

well i live in oak lawn its on the south side of chicago,so i dont think theres anywhere around me...but anywhere within few hundred miles would be fine
Old 12-26-2005, 06:48 PM

I live about 100 miles from you in the north west corner of IL we have a few very nice public hunting areas out here. and some monster bucks to boot the biggest deer taken in IL the last two years have come from the county i live in.If you need more info check out the IL DNR web site for a list of public hunting land in IL
Old 12-28-2005, 02:15 PM

yea i checked the dnr site it sucks i cant find anything one there
Old 12-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

The hard copy version of the Illinois hunting and fishing regulations has some detailed information on available public hunting land.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:09 PM

Here is a starting point on finding public land to hunt in Illinois.

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/digest/

This link will bring you to the hunter fact sheets for each public area. Each sheet covers the site specific regulations.

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt...heet/index.htm
Old 01-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Tony
I retired from my job on the south side of Chicago and now live 250 mile south of you.While I lived there I hunted the Kankakee River state park,sometimes it was kind of crowded,so I began going to the Iroquois county state conservation area.I liked that site better, although it was a further drive,I saw more deer,but I haven't been to either place in about 10 years.Have they opened the county forest preserves around Maple Lake to any hunting yet.I know the deer herd was out of control when I left that area?
Bill
Old 01-05-2006, 06:03 PM

hey redneck bill...thanks for the advice ill have to check out iroqois then!!!funny you should mention kankakee st park,im goin thereon a 3 day yote hunt next week!cant wait!!! as far as around maple lake goes....you cant even shoot a red rider there...no hunting alowed at all....but there is a way to do it i think...a good friend of mines father is or was..dont know now...the president of the il archery hunting assosiation. they would commision his group to go thin out the white deer heards over by argon labs,donating the animals to the less fortunate...i would imagine cook county does things like this,i think they would have to theres just so many, every time you drive through the woods you almost take out a whole damn heard!!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:39 PM

I've been coyote hunting also! I am from Southern Illinois. If you are looking for hunting ground, do as others advised. Very good advise has been given.

Have you had any luck coyote hunting?

Quick Reply: i need a place to hunt!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.