Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois (NONResident) FOID >

Illinois (NONResident) FOID

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois (NONResident) FOID

Old 12-10-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Illinois (NONResident) FOID

So i tried to buy ammo today...they say even nonresidents cant buy ammo w/o foid. I thought since i had a nonresident hunting permit you could? Cant seem to find the answer anywhere...any experiences?? guess ill be heading to Indiana or Wisconsin..im almost out.

Someone can bring some (20 guage) shells to the first regional Illinois Upland championship series
Old 12-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois (NONResident) FOID

Where are you at?

Old 12-10-2005, 01:44 PM

Im in Yorkville...I kept looking online and found it in the regs. It says licensed nonresidents can buy ammo. I called the store and told them where its at. Wish they would inform those walmart guys better. At least I know where its at so I can show them next time i go in.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:54 PM

Try mega sports in plainfield.I bought several guns from them when I lived in hinckley and waterman. Great people.
Goos luck
Old 12-10-2005, 05:40 PM

Cool...I think i was in there once. I am going to drive in there tomorrow..check out that place and then go to that new Gander Mountain. I have a feeling I am going to spend a lot of money...that always happens when i go to those places. I just hope theres some sales goin on
Old 12-10-2005, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: JaredA

So i tried to buy ammo today...they say even nonresidents cant buy ammo w/o foid. I thought since i had a nonresident hunting permit you could? Cant seem to find the answer anywhere...any experiences?? guess ill be heading to Indiana or Wisconsin..im almost out.

Someone can bring some (20 guage) shells to the first regional Illinois Upland championship series
What happened is the idiots at Walmart don't know anymore than what they are told by the management. And the managers don't know the regs unless they are sportsman themselves. If I were a nonresident looking to buy ammo in Illinois the last place I'd go would be any chain store.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:17 PM

Yeah the only people who need a foid are IL residentsfor sure.