Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 How'd WI hunters do this season? >

How'd WI hunters do this season?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

How'd WI hunters do this season?

Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM

Default RE: How'd WI hunters do this season?

We did great this year but we didn't have a digital camera at the time so I'll tell you what we got. We hunt near Saxeville if anybody knows where that is, and My dad shot a buck for bowhunting and I shot a doe. Then on opening day of gun hunting there were 5 of us hunting and we all had a buck down by noon. I shot a 10pt buck I'm getting mounted, my dad shot a 8 point buck perfectly symmetrical hes getting mounted, my uncle bob shot a small 7 pt buck, my uncle pat shot a small 6, and the guy who owns the land shot a small 4. Overall is was an excellent morning, there was the light snow on the ground which was perfect to see the deer coming on and you could hear them excellent. Well, for my buck, I was sitting about 75 yards from where he came runnin hrough following a doe through some real thick brush and he came out of it and stopped. I had my sights on him when he was running already and the instant he stoped I let it rip. I pulled the trigger and took out his heart. He ran no more than 20 yards.
Well, in a couple of years when the bucks are done getting mounted I will post the pics.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:42 PM

Sounds like a great season Kyle. Great work on that 10 point.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Bloodbro

Sounds like a great season Kyle. Great work on that 10 point.
Thanks! It really was an exciting day and altogether an exciting season. I can't wait to see my buck once it is mounted.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:11 AM

Only got to hunt 3 days during rifle season but got 2 does and 1 small 8 point on Friday after after Thankgiving. Allwithin an hour. Nothing went right during bow season!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

I had a pretty badbowhunting season, including a missed buck and a couple of close encounters with other bucks that didn't pan out. During gun season I passed up countless does, and never got a shot at a buck. I hate going a year without venison, but it makes me want to get something even more this year!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:58 PM

I didn't get one last year, come to think of it...haven't got a buck since 98 [:'(]Last year my fiance shot the spike that was coming towards me all fricking morning! Just when I thought I was gonna get a glimpse of him...KABOOM! Ken got him. This year it's earn a buck by where we hunt so at least I got to tag one last year, otherwise it would totally suck this year!
Tracey
Old 07-30-2006, 09:59 PM

Man, I forgot to plug our new website! www.tandkcreations.com check out our mounting plaques and clocks for hunters!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:21 AM

Here is a picture of my 2005 gun season buck. It is a blurry picture because I had to use the digital camera to take a picture of a picture. It is a 7 pointer with 3 broken off tines so it was a 10 pointer. Shot him around 10am on opening day at about 65-75 ydswith my Remington .308. Well, heres the pic...I sure was excited about shooting this guy!!!!

Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

For bowseason i passed up many doe'sand bucks but i hit a 8 in the shoulder and couldnt find it. so no luck but for gun season everything turned around i shot my first buck which was a 8 pointer at 9 opening morning then the next morning at 7 i shot a 6 and then Friday i shot a 3 pointer for my buddy. Good luck to everybody this year!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 AM

I did nto harvest a deer during bow season but managed a nice 6 pointer on the second day of gun season. First deer taken with my new .270 WSM. Happy hunting!