Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Much Action In Illinois Yet? >

Much Action In Illinois Yet?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Much Action In Illinois Yet?

Old 10-10-2002, 09:23 PM

Default Much Action In Illinois Yet?

I'm from around the central part of Illinois about 20 minutes from Peoria, and I was just wonderin what people had been seein so far.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Much Action In Illinois Yet?

Not seeing too many yet. A few small bucks I had too pass on (QDM) and one small doe. Gonna give it a rest tommorow (been out last 2 days) and try again Sunday, it supposed to be cooler.

Old 10-11-2002, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey DeerHuntin04, I have been seeing some does and button bucks. But not anything very large.

I go turkey hunting in your part of the woods. Just west of town about 3 miles or so. I would love to go deer hunting there, but that is just too far to drive every weekend. How have you been doing over there?

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Old 10-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Well im up here in the Northern part of Illinois and so far things have been going nuts.......

Opening day i saw 19 deer, 8 different bucks. Last Sat i watched a basket rack 8 chase a doe around the beanfield. Another 8 point (that i have passed up 6 times so far) made a scrape about 15 yards from my stand.
Monday i had to take my son to boyscouts so my father sat in my stand. He took a real nice 8 point that dressed out at 200 pounds. At 62 years old he still gets excited and i love seeing it. He saw 29 deer, and 15 bucks that night when he took his.
Tonight its very warm and i saw 3 small bucks and 1 doe. Hoping this weather front moving in will get them moving again.

I have never seen this many deer ever on this farm im hunting. Not sure where they are coming from but im enjoying it while it lasts. I have seen 3 bucks that would make P&Y so far and i have never seen this before November around here. I have a game camera out there too so i hope theres some good pictures.

Old 10-12-2002, 08:56 AM

Not much going on in my neck of the woods yet (Knox County). I've only been out a couple of times, but there's still a lot of corn still in the fields. I'll definitely be in a stand tonight and tomorrow morning. Should be some action with this cold front moving through.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:07 PM

Im from the decatur area (Macon county) .So far there has been a lot of activity here as far as does are concerned.About three nights ago I saw a button buck chasing the heck out of the same group of does .Nothing large seems to be movin here yet ,but that will change soon !!!
Old 10-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 5 different bucks traveling solo while hunting in brown county in the last 3 days, and plenty of does and fawns moving also.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:05 AM

Sat. night was my first time out (JoDaviess County) and I saw a real nice 9 pointer. Easily Pope & Young class. Never got closer than about 45 yards though. He was just meandering around and feeding on acorns. Not in a big hurry to go anywhere.

Sunday morning I saw 8 does, two of which I passed on broadside 15 yard shots.

Sunday evening (back home in Lake County) I saw 4 does but they winded me before I could get a shot.

My dad saw a ton of does moving Saturday night in JoDaviess County but no bucks.

There are a FEW rubs here and there, but not many as of yet. Hopefully the action will start picking up in a week or two.

internet toughguy

The Twisted World of Fuggup.com
Old 10-15-2002, 07:48 PM

I'm just startin to see a nice amount of deer here in Peoria County. The first week wasn't the best, because I think it was a bit warm yet but its startin to cool off now, and its showin good results thus far. I took a decent 8 pointer Saturday morning here, and thats been about it.
Saw 1 huge buck Monday afternoon when I was with my dad combining soybeans, and thats been about the only big buck I've saw all year.
Where have most people been sittin at when they've been huntin? I've been hunting mostly the field edges so far, and just curious as to what you guys have been seein ur deer at.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:31 AM

I hunt in Macoupin County. Monday, the only day I've been out this year, I stuck a 6 pointer. I meat hunt without the ability to go often so waiting for that big boy is not an option for me. Anyway, I saw a total of 11 deer that day. Now that another cold front is here, I'm going to go again tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will be moving again. Good luck all.

Quick Reply: Much Action In Illinois Yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.