Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 lack of deer movement?? >

lack of deer movement??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

lack of deer movement??

Old 11-19-2005, 11:40 AM

Default lack of deer movement??

im from south east michigan, went to state land on opening day expecting to hear a war zone. I heard maybe 3 shots all morning, i was fortunate and took a doe. But have heard many people saying that they havent seen a thing. Sat out this morning, first weekend since opening had a nice snow earlier and a cold front. i was figuireing this would really get things moveing, but saw nothing and heard one gunshot alll morning. is this just me or are others expercieng this too.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:41 PM

Default RE: lack of deer movement??

i got out for opening weekend gun in wisconsin and the deer werent moving either. had some snow on the ground which i thought would help but obviously didnt. i hunt 160 acres of private land which borders some public so i was expecting things to get moving, first day i saw 3 does and same the second. and out of probably the 8 people hunting we had two people get deer. first person shot a nice 8 and a doe, second person shot just a doe. so all in all a pretty poor weekend.

as always there was some NICE bucks in the backs of other trucks on the way through town
Old 11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lack of deer movement??

They have just started moving here in SE MO been slow but today was
super!