Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 rut started in illinois >

rut started in illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

rut started in illinois

Old 11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default rut started in illinois

i have been out at least 3 times a week huntingand the only thing moving period are does and small bucks.... i live where i huntand every night thatim out on the back roads, i have seen huge bucks. have any of you noticed that the big ones are only moving at night too? when do you think they will switch to days(if any). my thought was its just to hot in the day for them towant to move butwould like your thoughts.also do u think pre rut has started yet or not.. these big bucksbetter start getting horny soon :-). im tired of just seeing the baskets under my stands. i would like to hear what your hunts have been like lately and what has been working for you(calls sents etc.etc. i hunt aroundmorgan county by the way.
Jeff S.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rut started in illinois

No day-time big buck sightings here either. I'm getting some good bucks on my trail cams. All are at night.

I have 3 friends hunting this week and they have been skunked as far as big bucks go.

BTW-I'm in Chapin

PM if you'd like to talk deer sometime
Old 11-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been out much, but I know some people who have and here in Northern IL they're just starting to see some bigger buck movement during daylight hours. Although it seemed like they were moving a little more last week when the temps were a lot cooler. Now that things are warming up I have a feeling most of the movement is gonna be after dark. [:@]
Old 11-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have next week off, so I hope it cools back down and they start rutting it up!!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:59 AM

Im going to be out all weekend...hopefully the weather isnt rainy all weekend.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:13 PM

Well I havent been out much, but I can tell you it is starting. A guy I hunt with was out wednesday and he had one somewhat close to him that he could smell. Another guy in our group shot one that smelled a little rutty too, so even with the temps it is going to get good here real soon. I just bought some new arrows and heads to celebrate the occasion too.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:34 PM

Saw a P&Y tending a doe on the east side of lake jacksonville at 3PM today, and several more making scrapes later on on St. Pauls Church Road.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i been seeing some big bucks during the day in central ill. but the damn things wont come close enough
Old 11-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

to the guy in chapin. where abouts around chapin u hunt. i hunt west of chapin about 5 miles on hearts gravel road.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

i think i saw that same buck tonght right across the from the boat docks at lake jacksonville Il coyote

Quick Reply: rut started in illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.