Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Public Lands in Missouri >

Public Lands in Missouri

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Public Lands in Missouri

Old 10-30-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Public Lands in Missouri

I am planning a trip to Missouri this fall to hunt turkeys w/a bow. The tag is for two birds & two deer which I have no interest in havesting. I will donate the meat to a state run food bank if I choose to harvestone.

My son is leaving for Afganistan in December for 18 months.This is his second tour of duty, he alsodid 15 months in Iraq with the82nd Airborne as aCombat Engineer. We have not had a chance to hunt together since is enlistmentin June2001.

After a few hours of phone calls &web site searching Franklin County seems to have several areas of public land on which to hunt.
LongRidge CAjust north of Sullivan Mo. looks very good, everything needed!
Camping, bike trails, Iuse a mountain bike w/trailer to haul portable blind,chair, video, ect...

Anybody been there or heard of it?
Mermec or Little Indian Consevation Area either...
Old 10-31-2005, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Public Lands in Missouri

Hey A.O.

Check out Pelican Island conservation area. It's just west of the confluence of the Missouri and Missippi Rivers. I drew out on a special muzzle loader hunt for that area a few years back and it's loaded with deer. You have to have a boat to get to it, but any small boat and motor would do the trick. There's a private land owner that put in a boat ramp just across the river from it and for a small access fee it sure cuts down on the boat time. He lives in West Alton.

Please give my thanks to your son for his service to our country. Without men like him, we could enjoy this great country.

GH
Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Public Lands in Missouri

Arrows:

Send me an email. I live about 15 min from both of these areas. Both should be good for turkey. I'll tell you what I know.

[email protected]