Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ANY OHIO ACTIVITY >

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Old 10-31-2005, 06:25 AM

Default RE: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Seen six does tonight.Have not seen abuck chase adoeyet up here inHancock county. Did seea yearly button buck try to mount his own mom but she quickly pulled away and then turned around and got up on her hinds and swated at him. Best luck to all.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:06 AM

Dropped an 8pt this weekend dogging a doe at 5 yards in Seneca Ohio. Saw 3 bucks in the early morning the next day while filming for my buddy. It's starting to heat up for sure in SE OHIO. We had 2 or 3 deer actually respond to the horns this weekend.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:13 PM

Seen four does tonight. Also for the first time I seen a buck chasing a doe tonight, not hard but he would try and sneek up on her and she would dart away. Buck not responsive to rattling. Better luck later.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:11 AM

All the activity that I have been seeing is still prerut. Not a ton of daylight activity from larger Bucks yet.

I think the rut will peak later this month, rather than sooner. It appears to be above average temps for the rest of the week after today.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:40 PM

Seeing somw great Bucks in Rising Sun OH Which is between Pemberville & Fostoria.Were just buying our time to get them. LOTS of tracks, scrapes,doe droppings. Every thing i in order except cold weather .

Josh
Old 11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen my fair share of does but lacking any serious buck chasing. I am seeing more and more scrapes and I think we are getting in line for the next cold front
Old 11-03-2005, 11:50 AM

Hey cancun....... I'll be hunting up by Millersburg (Brinkhaven) the week of Thanksgiving (end of the bow season) and will stay for the first couple days of the shotgun season. I've never hunted in Ohio before. Do you think this will be a good time to go? I have permission on a couple of farms there.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:32 PM

I seen more bucks today than all year...except by my stand. There were 3 wall hangers standing in the woods next to my buddys house while we were just talking it was about 11:30. They must have had a doe around because they just would not leave. Must have only been 40 yards away. 4 people and not a bow around anywhere. Of couse thats how it always is
Old 11-03-2005, 10:01 PM

Havent seen a buck worth shooting yet. Although the corn was just taken off at the farm Im hunting in hancock county. So im sure the activity will pick up tremendously.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:59 AM

I was out last night and a real nice 8pt was pestering a doe. He didnt respond at all to bleet or rattle though. I wish the weather would cool down.

Quick Reply: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.