Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ANY OHIO ACTIVITY >

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Old 11-21-2005, 12:45 PM

Default RE: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

The only chanceI had to get out this year was from Nov. 5th-9th. Weather was really bad but the deer sign was good. I saw and passed on a smaller 8 and 9 that will be beautiful deer in the next couple of years. On the 7th I had a doe run a beautiful 10 past me and I made the shot count at 12 yards. I haven't had a chance to see any bigger ones this year but due to my short hunting time this year I had to make it count. He scored 135" but in the past few days the farmer has been telling me that he has been seeing a couple of really nice bucks cruising on the farm. I can't wait to get back down during the gun season to fill my doe tags and to see what possibly I could of had. Good luck guys.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:00 AM

Default RE: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Hunted Sunday with my little cousin and uncle for the youth gun season. Mid afternoon my 10yr old cousin got to shoot his second everdeer, was just a little doe.

Monday-Wed. got to hunt morning and evening. Saw some freshened up scraps that have not been worked in a while, and some new rubs too. Each time I went out I saw a hand full of does, and some decent small bucks running around. Right at dark on Tuesday, I heard a grunt and saw something chasing does in circles for a few mins.

I hate to even post this.Wed. evening my father and me went out in the snow. Deer were moving like crazy! (dad saw 11 total, 3 bucks) I was sitting on the ground, and saw 7 total deer. One of which was a small buck, I thought he was going to walk right into me. Later in the evening when it was getting dark I thought at first I had a doe coming to me, and it turned out to be the big one I have been watching. He followed the young bucks path right to me. It was either draw back and take a chest shot (which I have no problem doing) or let him walk right into me and spook. At 10-15 yards I drew back. He stopped and looked right at me, then just stood there. Itook my time and put my 20ydpin on his chest, released and freaking missed! I'm still sick over it now. Anyway, as he was coming to me he was making soft short choppy grunts the whole way to me. Once he picked up that other bucks scent he started grunting like crazy. God I hope I get to see him during gun season! In my opinion the rut is still on, I really don't think even now it's in hot and heavy. It's almost like their going back into pre-rut. Only time will tell!