Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Texas Bowhunt/Success >

Texas Bowhunt/Success

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Texas Bowhunt/Success

Old 09-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Texas Bowhunt/Success

Hey Midwesterners-If you want to extend that BigGame Bowhunt do what I finally did-Hunt Texas for Hogs n Exotics. I went on my 1st trip in Feb. & took a Red Deer (Elk) & my son arrowed a nice Sika Deer. I booked another hunt that I just returned from & it was a blast. I wanted to try & take a Bigger Red Deer this time but never had a shot at one-I saw plenty-just not in bow range. I arrowed a nice eating Boar the 1st morning of my hunt & a Average Fallow Buck the last hour of my last day after passing on several Larger ones earlier in the week plus a couple nice Sika Bucks within bow range. I saw lots of Whitetails & 3 P&Y Bucks I could have had shots at "IF" the season had been open. The total hunt is about the price of an Elk Tag out west-thats hard to beat. I am headed for Whitetails in Ill., Iowa & Wis. & then Back to Texas for another off season hunt b/4 Turkey season opens. Good luck in your Qwest for a trophy this fall.

always thankful
Old 09-26-2002, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Texas Bowhunt/Success

Congrats Nieghbor

And thanks again for the info you sent me.I believe i might be Texas bound shortly.

It's not how big the Deer,But the size of the experiance that matters!!
Old 09-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]