Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas weather

Old 08-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Kansas weather

I will be bowhunting in Galena KS, Firearms Unit 11, se corner of KS, in Cherokee Co Oct 31 - Nov 6, what kind of weather can I expect? Also, any info on area will be appreciated ( deer herd ect...) We will be with Steve Johnson of Maranatha Guide Service.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kansas weather

PM me when the time draws near and I can let you know what the weatherman isclaiming it's gonna be like.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

It completely depends on the weather. I've hunted during this time when it's near the80's, and at other times,below 0. Just depends on the year. Kansas weather seems to be different every year, with a lot of extremes. Of course for the rut, please pray for it to be cold. The warm weatherseems to makethe rut slow.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:13 AM

As others have pointed out, it can really vary. In general, the days tend to be fairly warm still that time of year. I hunt the same zone, and my bowhunting gear includes long sleeve camo so I can strip down to it in the day, but also a midweight bomber jacket for mornings and a haevier "parka" type coat with removable liner in the back just in case it is one of those cold mornings. Many a morning I have shivered in my stand and then stripped down due to sweating it out in mid-day. Good luck!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

>>>> Weather(like just about everywhere)can certainly be a critical factor. Be sure to check moon phase too.... You'll be hunting the Pre- Rut with the peak usually occuring betwee Nov. 11 and Nov. 19th... Bucks should be pre-staging and checking scrape lines. I'll be hunting unit 8 opening week of the rifle season. Sure hope they're still chasing a little. Best of luck!