Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Hunters...What County?? >

Illinois Hunters...What County??

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Hunters...What County??

Old 09-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Hunters...What County??

Oh I'm not too familiar with any of the territory over on the south side of the river. I have been there, but I wouldn't remember how to get back anywhere on my own.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:15 PM

My Dad Brother Cousin and I hunted several great years in Calhoun County Illinois around Kampsville. But unfortunately our dear friend Mel sold his land and moved to KY to be closer to his grandchildren. Since then we have been hunting public land in Northern Wisconsin around Boulder Junction. The land is beautiful and the people are great but you are stacked on top of one another and it doesn’t make for a safe and enjoyable hunting experience. Not to mention the $180 just for tags... I’m a disabled veteran with full hunting privileges in the state of Illinois. But have been unable to find land to hunt. I don’t want to lease the land because that is just to expensive. But would be willing to help with farming chores. Somewhere in the northern part of the state would be great and the north eastern would be ideal. We are ethical and more than willing to waive all responsibility of any injuries while hunting. Please, if you know of anyone I could really use the help.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:45 AM

You should feel good. I live in McHenry and hunt in Edwards. I'm wishing for a closer spot since gas is so high. Haven't figured how to bring a deer back by motorcycle.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: junkman louie

You should feel good. I live in McHenry and hunt in Edwards. I'm wishing for a closer spot since gas is so high. Haven't figured how to bring a deer back by motorcycle.
Why do you drive so far? They have a lot of permits in Mchenry and there are a lot of places to hunt if you get to know the right farmer.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Dupage...Bowhunt in Kane and I will be gun hunting at the Momence wetlands for the first time...Haven't been on the boards for quite awhile, but it is getting close to that time of the year!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: darian1998
anyone besides me hunt in christian county

I live in Christian County and also hunt there. Near Taylorville. Right outbehindmy barn.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:12 AM

christain county here also...
Old 09-23-2005, 02:53 PM

from champaign...hunt champaign and vermillion
Old 09-27-2005, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grew up in Macomb, hunting McDonough & Fulton counties. Now I live in Southern Illinois, and hunt in Jackson county. For you guys that live in Pontiac, my mom lives in Bloomington, and most of my family lives in Chenoa.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

my mom lives in Bloomington, and most of my family lives in Chenoa.
Chenoa is actually part of my school district now. That is actually about 20 miles straight down the road.

Quick Reply: Illinois Hunters...What County??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.