Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Anti's in the Midwest >

Anti's in the Midwest

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anti's in the Midwest

Old 07-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anti's in the Midwest

I've never meant an "anti", but I have met a few people that didn't like the thought of hunting, but they werent against it, just something they wouldn't do.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:58 PM

A few years ago we saw a group of anti's on the logging road that leads back into Mead Paper's Experimental Forest in south central Ohio. It's a little one lane dirt road that is about 3 miles long. Just before you get to the Mead property line there is a bend where you have to slow down to about 5 MPH to safely get through. There were about 10 orange jump suits with signs right at that spot. They were shining flashlights at each other and in my eyes. I darn near hit one of them. It was opening day for spring turkey at aboout 4:30 AM so it was too dark to read their signs.

That afternoon (we have to be out of the woods at noon in Ohio) we went fishing and used that same road to get out of there. Sure enough there they were walking along the road single file. We came up behind them only to find out that they were all young ladies about18 to 23 ??? years old. I laid on the horn and made them scamper into the weeds. I hope they got chiggers in their crotch.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:20 PM

In Northern WI. you don't see any anti's I guarrantee they wouldn't be in the woods. There are a lot of wooded acres up here, they could end up getting lost

Every body up here hunts or is married to a hunter
Old 07-19-2005, 08:31 PM

Here in Kansas City there are a fair number of anti's. More worrisome, there are very few hunters. Lots of former hunters who left rural areas, and lots of people say things like "My uncle hunted pheasants on the farm but I have never been exposed to it".
Old 07-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ddejong
"My uncle hunted pheasants on the farm but I have never been exposed to it".
Agreed. That's the number one reason I'm not going to raise my kidsaround this area and getting out as soon as I can. I don't want to raiselittle city-slickers.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think ddejong was reffering to not being exposed to anti's - not being exposed to the pheasant hunting on his uncle's farm........
Old 07-21-2005, 05:09 PM

I've never had any problems but my neighbor hunts public land and had encounters. They wrecked some of his stands(didn't steal them) and went through the woods banging on pans.[:@]
Old 07-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to know one really good, I married her (has since devorced her not for that reason tho) but i converted her. Took a few years, but I did now she hunts deer every year with her new man (poor feller)!