Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 iowa rifle season >

iowa rifle season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

iowa rifle season

Old 06-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default iowa rifle season

iowa dnr has just announced a new rifle season and a new shotgun season. The new shotgun season will be friday thru sunday after thanksgiving. The rifle season will be in Jan. and is only open in the southern 2 tiers of counties and the NE corner. Now if we could just get rid of shotgun season and open it all to rifles wed have it made.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:36 PM

Default RE: iowa rifle season

It is my understanding that these 2 new seasons will be doe only, is that correct? I wonder how that new shot gun season will affect bow hunters, won't be in a positive way i'm guessing. Is the rifle season going to be after all other seasons are over? Also what do you mean southern 2 tiers of counties and north east corner? How do you know what towns are in these areas? Last question, do you know when the iowa fall hunting guide is giong to come out, the one with the trapping fall turkey and deer hunting?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:57 PM

How did you hear about the new deer seasons? I live in southwest iowa and the rifle season sounds nice even if it is just anterless.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

See: http://www.iowadnr.com/news/05jun/changes.html

As to what towns are in the bottom two layers of counties, most roadmaps have the counties on them.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:29 AM
Fork Horn

i read it in 2 news papers,burlington hawkeye and the quad city times, you should be able to check the archives over the last 2 weeks to read the articles for yorself.

Rifles must 24 cal or larger.
Yes the rifle season is after all other seasons and yes they are antlerless only not doe only (some bucks could have lost their antlers this late in the season.

this goes to the QC times page
http://www.qctimes.net/articles/2005/06/26/sports/doc42be2b2d778ce452932133.txt
Old 07-02-2005, 10:33 AM

a guy should could get tag for the thanksgiving time season and bring his handgun with on the traditional pheasant hunt that weekend and when the group walks up some does take aim and fire!
Old 07-02-2005, 05:44 PM

Is it the bottom two counties in iowa? or is it the bottom two tiers in all of iowas county? if its the second, maps have countys on them, but whats a tier?
Old 07-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Spike

The bottom 2 rows of counties.Any body has access to private land or know good public.I'd like to put the high power to work!!Save a few $$$$and skip Missourri deer and antler restrictions
Old 07-02-2005, 07:10 PM

Hey Terry, welcome to the forums from a fellow Marengo'er.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:16 AM

ORIGINAL: midwest outdoorsman

The bottom 2 rows of counties.Any body has access to private land or know good public.I'd like to put the high power to work!!Save a few $$$$and skip Missourri deer and antler restrictions
I take it you dont like the new antler restrictions in MO? I am so glad they did it, the bucks were getting hammered at to young of an age while the big does walked on by. I think this program will be paying off big time for everyone come this fall and next

Quick Reply: iowa rifle season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.