Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin T-zone >

Wisconsin T-zone

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin T-zone

Old 07-09-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Wisconsin T-zone

After this upcoming deer hunting season, the wisconsin dnr is planning to scrap the early tzone hunts at the end of october..Its about time that they are doing this I think...I have never seen a doe during the early tzone, only during the late tzone..If you wanna read more about this, goto http://www.wisinfo.com/postcrescent/news/archive/local_21718033.shtml
or http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/ Also...What do all you other wisconsin deer hunters think bout this 2 year test?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin T-zone

from what i read and understand i think this sounds like a really good idea. it is always a kick in the pants when u wanna go bowhunting and u cant except for does. i shoot does nonetheless. i wouldnt even mind if they had the tzone in late August. but i hope this plan goes thru.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 PM
BFR
Spike

I shoot does regardless of t zone, untill I have enough meat in the freezer. I feel t zone is unnessesary but a good time none the less. I have a serious problem with earn a buck however. I will have earned my buck by being away from work and in the right place at the right time. That will not be decided by the DNR. I am glad T zone & EAB has been scrapped. Lets just go huntin!
Old 07-16-2005, 02:21 PM

I personally dont mind the tzone...Its a total of 8 more days i get to hunt with my uncles n cousins..But Earn a buck just doesnt sit well with me...For example...Last year in our Earn a buck unit, i had to pass up on a 8 pointer 25 yeards from me on opening day cause we didnt have a doe down yet....But it will be good to see how the no tzone will effect the regular hunting season...Last time there was no tzone for us bout 5 years ago..The 9 day regular season was perfect...ALot more deer movement, plus we bagged 7 deer by monday and had a total of 9 by the end of the season between a group of 13 hunters...But im already getting an itchy trigger finger, October n November just cant get here soon enough for me...Hit em and get guys...Take care