Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 16 Year Old Son in Kansas Needs Hunting Buddy >

16 Year Old Son in Kansas Needs Hunting Buddy

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

16 Year Old Son in Kansas Needs Hunting Buddy

Old 07-07-2005, 08:46 AM

Default 16 Year Old Son in Kansas Needs Hunting Buddy

My son is moving to Overland Park, KS in August and needs a few hunting buddies his age (16). He is a great kid, funny and respectful of others. Not like my eldest son.

We have access to some good property and have a trained dog (upland and waterfowl) and love to hunt.

My son is a little slow making friends because he is picky, but once he makes a friend he is loyal. I'm trying to make this move as easy as possible because it is tough moving in high school.

If you know of a dad with a 16 year old son and they want to hunt, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Dennis King
Old 07-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 16 Year Old Son in Kansas Needs Hunting Buddy

I have lived in Overland Park for the past 4 years. Unfortunately the Blue Valley School District is quite city-fied. The schools here are very Clicky, if you know what I mean. Not much for hunting. Guns are thought of as bad among most, with a lot of liberalism in the air. But that's comparing Johnson County to other counties in KS. If your son needs somebody to help him hunting let me know. I don't know any highschool kids that like hunting, but would be happy to help if I can, at least make the transition a little easier. Shoot me an email if you like.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:55 AM

Thanks, I will send you and email with my contact information.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:45 PM

Hello Dennis. I am also an Overland Park resident. I hope your son finds some good buddies that enjoy the outdoors. It is a very city boy town, especially my old school districts like shawnee mission, BV, and olathe. But as a kid growing up i was a city boy andmy best friendthrough baseball that got me into hunting. Try to advise your son to get as involved as he can in school. The more you meet the more of a chance you have to meet the outdoors types.

If you need any help with directions in the city or public hunting close to us, feel free to email me [email protected]

And good luck to you and your son

Chris
Old 07-16-2005, 08:15 PM

I live in Overland Park and have two boys who hunt with me, ages 15 and 17. We hunt deer, turkey, small game and birds. The boys go to Blue Valley Northwest high school. Feel free to contact me!
Doug
Old 07-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh boy good old OP lol Ive got tons of stories from that area I lived in Mission, Ks for 1 year decided it was to citified and moved 10 minutes away on the Mo side. its been a couple years since i lived over there but there but there was a gun range If remember correctly it was called "the bullet hole" great bunch of good ol' boys there, even when i moved from KS to MO i still did most of my business there.