Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Awesome Montana Lease

Old 01-24-2017, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Awesome Montana Lease

Rare opportunity has become available here in Montana, I have been in contact with a rancher who has 9500 acres in central Montana, with Smith river frontage, which is renowned for it's beauty and trout fishery. This is not an economy lease, I am looking for 6 people who would like to enjoy this area year long for the fishing and limited time in the fall to hunt elk, whitetails and antelope if you draw a tag. It is open for either sex elk in the fall, with additional "b" tags available. You would be one of the lease partners with me, I would hope to do this yearly. The rancher states this property has produced very well in previous years. Last year, all hunters took a bull, and also a cow. He states 700 head of elk are in the area. I am NOT A GUIDE OR OUTFITTER, just looking for a way to make this lease work and allow other people to enjoy also. You would be allowed 2 bull elk, 2 whitetail bucks, 2 cow elk, and does. Antelope if you draw a tag. Cost would be $10,000, a lot of money for sure, but hunting along with tremendous trout fishery makes it valuable,, I am not making a penny myself. There is no lodging included, there is camping available but no electric or water.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Spike

Is that $10,000 per person?
Old 01-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

It is $10000 per lease share, 6 shares , each share 2 bull elk, 2 whitetail bucks, antelope, bear, over 1 1/2 mile of the Smith river, along with 2 miles of another stream renowned for trout fishing and a reservoir with huge trout. Fishing year long, hunting at determined times....not for everyone I understand, but if your familiar with this area of Montana you know how difficult it is to find a place like this.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

I may opt to lease place on my own, I realize to if your not a trout fisherman, you probably do not know a lot about the Smith river and that area. I would consider sub leasing to 2-4 bow hunters for week long hunts, cost would be $3500 per person for hunting elk and deer, no lodging included, just permission to hunt. If you wanted to hunt bear, be an extra $500.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Please Delete