HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Awesome Montana Lease
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 05:58 PM
mthusker
Fork Horn

Default Awesome Montana Lease

Rare opportunity has become available here in Montana, I have been in contact with a rancher who has 9500 acres in central Montana, with Smith river frontage, which is renowned for it's beauty and trout fishery. This is not an economy lease, I am looking for 6 people who would like to enjoy this area year long for the fishing and limited time in the fall to hunt elk, whitetails and antelope if you draw a tag. It is open for either sex elk in the fall, with additional "b" tags available. You would be one of the lease partners with me, I would hope to do this yearly. The rancher states this property has produced very well in previous years. Last year, all hunters took a bull, and also a cow. He states 700 head of elk are in the area. I am NOT A GUIDE OR OUTFITTER, just looking for a way to make this lease work and allow other people to enjoy also. You would be allowed 2 bull elk, 2 whitetail bucks, 2 cow elk, and does. Antelope if you draw a tag. Cost would be $10,000, a lot of money for sure, but hunting along with tremendous trout fishery makes it valuable,, I am not making a penny myself. There is no lodging included, there is camping available but no electric or water.