Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

State shoot

Old 06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default State shoot

Well U can describe the state shoot at least the day time part as 'BRUTAL'. It was windy, water stained, full clouds and no fish. At 6pm for the dinner most of the 14 teams that came in had a few common. We headed out after dinner and at 11pm the troller died and we were done. Bill got one shot at a gar, I did not see any to shoot at, but do not know what if we did not post our first DNF.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

At midnight the wind died almost completely. We found some really clear water but the fish were mostly up in that smartweed.

We didn't bother to stay out after 1am but the guys who did said the fish started coming up at 3am. Go figure.

I'll post the results as soon as I get them from Ryan.

Bummer about the troller problems.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

I would have to agree that those fishing conditions stunk i wish saturday was more like sunday turned out to be . I sure hope we can get the shoot back to wolf creek next year and closer to the spawn again . but as always a great shoot with a bunch of great people .
Old 06-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

so what were the final weights and winners?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Ryan has the official numbers and I'm trying to get them from him. He has no internet... so it's a bit of a challenge.

First place was about 114# and second place was a pound less with 113#.

Most carp was taken by team Big Woody (50 or so carp).

Big fish was a 40+ lb grass carp.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Spike

Default Christine and guy with the prizes (sorry not sure your name)

Just wanted to thank you guys for running the tourney. I am sure it takes a bit of effort to secure the ramp permit, order the dumpster for the fish disposal, secure raffle prizes, etc. Much appreciated. It was a fun time.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Flatbranch Boyz
Just wanted to thank you guys for running the tourney. I am sure it takes a bit of effort to secure the ramp permit, order the dumpster for the fish disposal, secure raffle prizes, etc. Much appreciated. It was a fun time.
his name is ryan hope i spelled it right
Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

so when do we get the results from the shoot?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

We need a tourny director! I don't know how I get stuck doing all this. (yes, I do) LOL.

1. Flatbranch Boyz ...Tim Canaday, Collin Townsend, Joe Canaday ....................114.5 (36.5 almost big fish )
2. Stickn the Mud ....Jason Lane, Tyler Barr, Brian Newell ...................................113.5 (Big fish winner with 40.1 lb grassy)
3. Shot in the Dark ...Jeff Pigg, Cassie Hughes .................................................. ...99.7
4. Outdoors Experience ...Ken Sharp, Brian Davis, Ryan Perigo ...........................95.9
5. Big Woody ...Mark Shipton, Steve Thomas, Patrick Huff ....................................82.6 (54 carp for most carp prizes)
6. T.O.U.G.H. ...Kenneth Wahls, Drew Elmore, Bradley Wahls ..............................54.6
7. Nocturnal Addiction ...Tracy Mattingly, Brandon DuVall, Keith Brooks..............51.5
8. M.A.O. ....Kendall Carrigan, Deb Knoff, Louie Fonseca, Christine Appleberg .....51.3
9. Carpe Diem ...Cody Zoller, Nathan Zoller, Brad Baudison ...................................49.5
10. Dent in the Fender ..Aaron Overholser, Michael Mullins .................................40.5
11. Old Guys ..John Borgers, Bill Kingore ..........................DNF (troller problems)
12. ABC ...Tim Escott, Dustin Houston, Brad Weimer .......DNF (genny problems)
13. Alpha and Omega ...Jarad Poole, David Whitney ........DNF
14. Bottom Feeders ...Matt Clark, Jamie Sharp ..................DNF
Old 06-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

My card reader broke (or at least, it doesn't recognize my xD card anymore) so this was quite a challege...

(gonna do these in batches.. more to come.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.