Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th >

Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th

Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th

Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th

I got a call from Vince who's running this year's Wonder Lake Carp Shoot. The date for tournament will be Saturday, June 20th.

This shoot is in Northeast IL in Mchenry county. Registration starts at 5am and the tournament runs until noon. No lights needed.

$20 per shooter with an optional $5 per person big fish pot.Three divisions:individuals, two person team or a three person team.

Food and drink is provided at the weigh in. Door prizes and cash awards for big fish and first place finishers in the different divisions.

This is a really fun, laid back tourny. We will be counting it for our bowfisher of the year points.

More details as they become available.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th

Here's more info:

[align=left]
Carp Bowfishers Shoot

June 20th, 6:00 AM - 12 Noon[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Registration Begins at 4:30 AM day of the shoot, and will run until 8 AM.[/align][align=left]
Fees
Kids 15 & under are Free,1 Man $20, 2 Man, $40, 3 Man $60 (Per Team)[/align][align=left]
Shore Hills Beach of Wonder Lake IL. 2/3 Mile south of Center Beach on East Lakeshore Drive.[/align][align=left]

• Hot Dogs, Soda & Water will be available throughout the event. We’ll continue to cook afterwards so we all can enjoy good food and good company. Come on out and experience a great time with us!!!!![/align][align=left]
• The Awards Ceremony for All Three Brackets will Begin at 12:30 PM at Center Beach[/align][align=left]
• Throughout the Event, there will be available for Purchase, Raffle Tickets for Door Prizes and a 50/50. The Raffles will be held after the awards Ceremony. All proceeds from this event go towards the conservation of Wonder Lake.

Contact Vince Lucania (815) 728-0338

[/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 06-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan to be there with my boat, although it'll be limping along on the troller only, wind permitting.

We'll have 3 generations on my boat: me, my Dad, and my daughter.
Should be fun. Hope to see everybody.

Chris
Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Bring the outboard Chris. I'll start it for ya the first time.

I'll be there.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bring the outboard Chris. I'll start it for ya the first time.
Well, you do seem to have a knack for starting it when no one else can get it to do anything but chug, cough,and backfire. If I thought it had a chance of running, I'd bring enough gas to let it idle all day after you get it started.

I'll get it running eventually. I'm just not putting any money into the boat this season, so it may not be until next year.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just heard that Diana(CHZHEAD)and Deb will be dropping south from Wisconsin for the shoot.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Bump.

There sure are a lot of shoots this weekend.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I heard Mark kicked y'alls butts. Where's the pics and what's the story?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Oh sure, now I have to edit my post to make sense.

We uh, didn't get our butts kicked wecame in second in the two person team so there. Neener, neener! [8D]

It was a great shoot. The carp were spawning pretty hard. The wind was a bit tough. (without our 80lb troller pulling the pontoon boat around, we really had to stay out of the wind)
We got into carp immediately but most of them stayed up under the brush which made shooting them (and getting the shot ones to the boat) pretty difficult. I think Mark and Denny shot more in the flooded yards where they didn't bust brush like us. Smart move.

As usual, the Wonder Lake Sportsman's Club did a great job putting on the shoot. Thanks to Vince and his crew! We brought up a big box of door prizes to add to thier door prize table. I'm pretty sure everybody went to the table at least 3 times. Mark did win a bow and I also won one. Sweet!

There were several dad and kids teams.

Many carp were harmed.

K and I got 44.

Still didn't fill the dumpster tho'. [:@]

Mr Lucky and K.

Chris and Jessie

Vince ran things like a pro.

One person division winner.

Some Yahoos won the two person division. (Heh.. Congrats!! you guys rocked!)

Big fish winner Mark 'Lucky' Shipton.

Three person team winners.

Halfway through the door prizes.

Woohoo! I won a bow. (don't be jealous of my awesome hair style)

Mark wins the other bow.

A big thanks to the guys that donated the bows!!

Kendall's threaded insert poppedout causing his reel to fall into the lake. It happened when he shot a carp. Happily the carp swam toward shore so it was easy to fish the reel/line/arrow/carp back out. It could have ended a lesser man's bowfishing outing... but not fora skilled toolmaker like K. LOL!!

K's custom reel holder on'er thing. (you might know it better as electric tape)
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crap. I didn't mean for my post to look that nasty. I'm sorry. It didn't look that bad at first. I was just pokin' at you and Kendall.

I re-wrote it.

Quick Reply: Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.