HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:06 AM
HNI_Christine
Super Moderator

Default RE: Wonder Lake Carp Shoot June 20th

Oh sure, now I have to edit my post to make sense.

We uh, didn't get our butts kicked wecame in second in the two person team so there. Neener, neener! [8D]

It was a great shoot. The carp were spawning pretty hard. The wind was a bit tough. (without our 80lb troller pulling the pontoon boat around, we really had to stay out of the wind)
We got into carp immediately but most of them stayed up under the brush which made shooting them (and getting the shot ones to the boat) pretty difficult. I think Mark and Denny shot more in the flooded yards where they didn't bust brush like us. Smart move.

As usual, the Wonder Lake Sportsman's Club did a great job putting on the shoot. Thanks to Vince and his crew! We brought up a big box of door prizes to add to thier door prize table. I'm pretty sure everybody went to the table at least 3 times. Mark did win a bow and I also won one. Sweet!

There were several dad and kids teams.

Many carp were harmed.

K and I got 44.

Still didn't fill the dumpster tho'. [:@]

Mr Lucky and K.

Chris and Jessie

Vince ran things like a pro.

One person division winner.

Some Yahoos won the two person division. (Heh.. Congrats!! you guys rocked!)

Big fish winner Mark 'Lucky' Shipton.

Three person team winners.

Halfway through the door prizes.

Woohoo! I won a bow. (don't be jealous of my awesome hair style)

Mark wins the other bow.

A big thanks to the guys that donated the bows!!

Kendall's threaded insert poppedout causing his reel to fall into the lake. It happened when he shot a carp. Happily the carp swam toward shore so it was easy to fish the reel/line/arrow/carp back out. It could have ended a lesser man's bowfishing outing... but not fora skilled toolmaker like K. LOL!!

K's custom reel holder on'er thing. (you might know it better as electric tape)