Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Progress

Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Progress

Here's what it looked like on Monday when I pulled it out of the shed and stuck it in the shop.

I decided to cut out the center console, so now it's just one big deck. I've got one bulkhead cut open for your feet and Bowman is supposed to show up in the next couple of days with the job of building a new console on the side.

And my other problem. #4 piston is toasted. But she's gonna fly when it's fixed!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Progress

Lookin good there Mark.

Boy, that engine looks like a project and a half.
( It IS an engine, right? )
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

And I thought working on my lower unit was bad. Remind me never to even thinkabout attemptingto fix an upper unit if that's what they look like.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mark S

And my other problem. #4 piston is toasted. But she's gonna fly when it's fixed!

I like the old hand crank corn sheller in the background...too cool.

Did you get to float test the hull?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Markthat's lookin good! ...Any Idea when themaidenvoyage will be?????
Old 03-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 rails to put together and a crap-load of sanding to do, then it's back home to load up and head out. I should be up there before dark.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

sweet! looks like you have got your hands full!! will be a sweet rig though
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

It's looking much better without the center console. You can see the bulkhead I cut out for your feet. I think I'll feel much more comfortable sitting a little lower doing 65.

Anyone know how to put this thing back together?

This is what happens when you don't replace the water pump:

Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

65??? the pucker factor will set in at about 20.

Wow that piston doesn't look as bad as I would have expected.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

No, the piston wasn't that bad at all. Those chunks on top were stopping the motor from spinning over. So I think it stopped itself before it could do any real damage. I finished honing out the cylinder last night and I think it will be just fine. The scratches weren't deep at all. The biggest problem was a few pieces of aluminum melted onto the cylinder wall. I did also find out that oversized pistons (you can go up to .030 on this motor) are all the same weight, so you can bore only one cylinder and it will still be balanced. Everything else looked real good. It was kind of funny in that I found the long plastic spray tip from an aerosol can in one of the intake passages. It kind of pissed me off too because I'm sure it was from fogging the motor to winterize it. Some lazy mechanic looked down and noticed his tip was missing but didn't bother to go find it. So the motor is ready to go back together, if only my piston and gaskets would show up!

I'm still going round and round on lights. I've got an 1800w generator that would actually fit inside a compartment. If I could keep it running cool that would be pretty neat. I'd have to run 150 HPS then. Imight be able to barely run 6 on capacitors. Otherwise I'll just run the old trusty and light weight 500 halogens with my Generac tank.

Good observation on the corn sheller Kendall! It's even fun to use....... for the first 5 ears. I didn't get a chance to float test the boat. It was during our recent hurricane that I moved it and the deck was still bare wood.

I've been working on this thing for a year now Ken. Right now my goal is to finish it sometime this year. I've got a good jump on it, so maybe Rend. But I said that last year.

Quick Reply: Progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.