Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Progress

Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Progress

Impressed that I get the motor running? Really?! That's all it takes to impress you? The idea that I'm going to go screaming across the lake on a pile of constructionlumber held together with the cheapest epoxy I could find on ebay and which I brought home in the back of my truck from Menards one Saturday morning is less impressive than getting a once running outboard to run again? I guess I went to all that work for nothing.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mark S

The idea that I'm going to go screaming across the lake...
So far just an idea. [:-] I will be happy to see it when it happens.

Heck, I was impressed when you got it out of my driveway. LOL Thanks again BTW.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Mark S

Impressed that I get the motor running? Really?! That's all it takes to impress you? The idea that I'm going to go screaming across the lake on a pile of constructionlumber held together with the cheapest epoxy I could find on ebay and which I brought home in the back of my truck from Menards one Saturday morning is less impressive than getting a once running outboard to run again? I guess I went to all that work for nothing.
Well, I'll be really, reallyimpresssed to see it operating on the water.

But if you off yourself in the process, I'll give you points for creativity and effort, but remember, I work for different emergency rooms... I see lots of 'good ideas gone bad'. That's not so impressive.

So first, I'll be impressed by the running motor.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

This sure has been a lot of work just to off myself! I did get my new piston and gasket kit in the mail today. I should have it all back together in a couple of days. I also orderd some Tuff Coat from Cabelas which I'm going to try on the deck of the boat. Hopefully I'll get that on this weekend.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Alright, the motor is all back together. I've got compression, carbs are spotlessly clean, and I've got spark on all but #6. Coil is good, trigger is good, so new ignition switch box is on the way. No reason why it shouldn't purr.

The boat is completely glassed. I tried a spot of Cabelas Tuff Coat on it today to see how it sticks. Once I'm satisfied, it's ready for that and paint.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mark just was wondering what kind of KEEL do you have on it or how many. I know on my Jon boat i got a center keel and two more side keels. Cant wait to see the finished project. so far it looks great compared to the pick up full of lumber that you started with.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Johnny, right now I have no keels. Just a completely flat bottom. I'll see how bad it is running and I can always add something later.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Popped the motor off this afternoon on bad gas, old plugs, and no throttle control. Seems like it should run so that's a big relief. My buddies at Bedford Sales, the Ranger boat shop in Morris who are used to running 80 mph down the river, don't want to ride in my boat after hearing about it. I'm starting to wonder myself.

Bowman starting cutting steel for the platform. I'm hoping to get the final coats of deck coating and paint on tomorrow.

Hey Steve, where's the pictures?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here they are;

Old 03-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

isnt that going to be a little dangerous without sides on it ?? How are you going to keep it from taking on Water if there are waves? Will it be at Rend I need to see this thing. It will certainly turn heads.

Quick Reply: Progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.