Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

WILD WEEKEND!!!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:24 PM

Default RE: WILD WEEKEND!!!!!

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

I have sent muzzy 3 emails regarding there reel, it was 1 day old and broke, you think they would fix it.. At least e-mail me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
call em. They must be busy or something, but they will no doubt stand behind their product..I'd be shocked if they didnt anyway, from what I have seen.

Mark seems to be a really good guy.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Johnny b

TEmbry, Here are a couple of tips. First with all reels the spool has to be full. Second pull out all the line. Attach the end to something strong. I use my bench Vice. Walk off all the line to the very end. Start winding it in as tite as you can. This will keep the line from pulling down inside the line under it. But it sounds to me like you do not have enough line on the spool. If you look at the spool and the little hole in the cap. That is a lot of resistance of heavy line to go up over the spool take a 90 degree turn to get out the hole in the cap. I have a thumper reel and really like it, but it too has to be full all the time. Also you can never shoot a reel with out pushing the button. As when you go to draw it will pull the arrow off the string EVERYTIME. Just ask my son-in-law he forgets to push the button about half the time. Hope this helps.
not when you are shooting arrows already rigged up with AMS slides.

Ill try filling it with more line, just seemed like much more would cause problems. Should it be filled out all the way to the edge where the pick up pins are?

Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

TEmbry, get a rod extension and you won't be able to draw back without pushing the button, even with slides.

Darin, did you email Mark Land directly? If not, try him. He's a good guy.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

TEmbry, get a rod extension and you won't be able to draw back without pushing the button, even with slides.

Darin, did you email Mark Land directly? If not, try him. He's a good guy.
will do, didnt think of that..
what other purpose does the rod serve besides keeping the line out in front?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

E-mail sent to Mark, I emailed John before, I cant call, working all day and when I get off they are closed..
Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Mark emailed me back and said he would take care of it, thats everyone on the contactname and advice...
Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

3. my line kept getting caught up inside the reel and breaking the line and loosing arrows??
ME TOO! man, at first I thought I was forgetting to push the button, but four arrows later I am CERTAIN it isnt the button pushing. My line is reeling into itself on the spool if that makes sense, makes it hard for the line to freely spool out and when pulled on by a speeding arrow, the line snaps away from the arrow and it goes skipping across the water. very frustrating. I am to the point of getting a Thumper reel just to see if it will solve my issues. I LOVE fighting fish on the reel setup, but heck, if I cant keep from loosing arrows left and right Ill be switching back to my bottle retriever.

Im having the same problem but my line isnt breaking thank goodness !!! My line is getting like twisted an i dont know y. Do i need more line 2 ??
Old 06-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trevor, Yes, The spin cast reels like to be full to the edge of the spool. If you do add line add it to the bottom. So when you shoot the knot will not come out. The knots can stick and hang up on the pins. The rod entensions are handy when fighting big fish like big heads. Other than that I personally think they get in the way. Unless you are using the AMS Slides.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rods also take some of the stress off the pins by keeping the line DIRECTLY in front of the reel. I can see how they'd get in the way if you're not use to them. I'm going to find out soon. Fred at F& D has one that looks great. It's a little shorter than the others out there.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

Opel your not the only one who has experienced muzzy troubles im not sure of anyone elses outcome either.....we really need to hook up and shoot some bigheads im having withdrawls....

Quick Reply: WILD WEEKEND!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.