Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

First Bighead

Old 06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default First Bighead

I went out to DPCA and shot me a bighead. I will post the whole satory later cause i am going to shoot some more but here is the picture of my first.

sorry about the huge picture it uploaded wrong.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First Bighead

Way to go!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOO-HOO!! Nice fish! I have yet to shoot one, but I think I know where to go now.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

Ok here we go. It started off when i got this unstopable urge to go bowfishing while at work. So when i got off i grabbed my bow and headed to dpca and started to walk the banks. When i saw the first bighead i called bulzeye and notified him of the discovery. Then i went on to shoot one of the 30 i seen. Went home and took some pictures, grabbed my spot light and my buddy and headed back out. After dark we seen a bunch but only hit one which pulled off at the shore due to some branches. It was awesome, they are one of the best fighting fish i have shot so far. took me 5 minutes to get in the one i did land. It was a rush. i am going out again before work tomorrow. Prolly get there around 6 and shoot till about 10. It was really cool to finally shoot one close to home.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

After hearing multiple reports of Asians in the area, it was great to have Bill call on a day I could actually make it over there to see his fish.
I picked up my little Jessie from daycare, threw some stuff in the car, and headed out to take a temp reading and water sample.

There were a few Bigheads lurking about when I go there, so I hit one of my own. Jessie cheered on her Daddy, and then we weighed it and checked out Bill's bigger fish. Mine was just under 15#. Gave my fish to Bill so they can both get shipped out together. He already had the first one on ice.

Thanks for calling Bill. Jessie and I just had our best night of the week.
The water sample is in theback of your truck with the carp. I left a message for the biologist today after you called.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Fork Horn

It is awesome that you got out and got one while you were with your daughter.I bet she loved it. And again, congrats on your bighead. They are getting really close to home, its kinda scary, but fun.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on YOURS Bill!
The first Bighead is a landmark, and yours gets to go do some good with the USFWS.

BTW, nice shot placement.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Hey i added yet one more to my book. I shot him this morning right after sun up along with a common. I will post pictures in a bit. Have to go to work now. So now we have 3 for the biologist Chris.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job.
We're going to need a bigger cooler.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Good work. Keep killing 'em guys!

Quick Reply: First Bighead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.