Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 A change in the Triton of Terror alert! >

A change in the Triton of Terror alert!

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

A change in the Triton of Terror alert!

Old 05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default A change in the Triton of Terror alert!

The Triton of Terror alert jumped quickly last night to Yellow and closer to Orange. A night on the water with ole Uncle Dave that started about 10:30PM and by morning there were 77 Common carp in the barrel. If yours truly could have hit the broadside of a barn the first hour (hmm, seems like I've heard this before) we should have been in triple figures. Not much size to any of them, nothing over 10 lbs. We did see one Buff that I'm sure would have been a new state record, in fact he left a dent in my boat, I think he's been watching too many re-runs of Jaws. Oh and ask Uncle Dave if Green Lightning can strike twice in the same evening to someone that has never seen that phenomena before.

I also went over to Dawson on Sunday afternoon and all I will say is "that is the last time I would ever attempt to put in on that lake on a beautiful weekend day." The boat parking lot was completely full and even the overflow parking lot for trailers was almost completely full as well. Lost track of the 2,3,4 lb and larger bass that I saw along with numerous crappie on the beds but no carp to shoot at, there are a lot them ona north side mud flat baybut the water was too churned up to see at all and I had to keep dodging all the other standard fisherman. Not a lot of fun there. Probably a better weekday or night shoot spot.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A change in the Triton of Terror alert!

Rob,
Be glad you went with Dave instead of with me. Bill and I had a bust. only 2 fish. Just where did they all go. What a difference a day can make. like on saturday there were nice fish everywhere and 26 hours later nothing. We seen 7 fish in total. Finally knew when we were beat and hit the trailer at 10, had ole billy home in bed by 10:30. It was a perfect night as you know, the water was like glass. Well better luck this weekend...johnny b.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Ahhhh yes the terror alert has been definatly elevated watch out now the triton of terror is making a comback......
Old 05-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Rob, 77 carp

Yeah, Dawson on the weekend + Daytime= bad idea. Just too many peopleon that lake.We went out Sunday night and it was deviod of people.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, I'm genuinely impressed.

Dave said you were going to put them all in the garden. I'll be even more impressed if you dug that many holes.

I was out for a couple hours digging holes for the 21 fish we shot. I've decide that there's something to be said for those little Evergreen Lake carp. Those carp from Dawson were 12-15 lbs.. it takes a big hole for a fish that size.

I should have some giant pumpkins and tomatoes tho'.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:54 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

77 carp? Outstanding!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad for a night. Good shootin'.

I've got to get a boat....
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Rob and Dave awesome.....
Old 05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting guys.
I love the threat matrix.