HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A change in the Triton of Terror alert!
Old 05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
robow7
Typical Buck

Default A change in the Triton of Terror alert!

The Triton of Terror alert jumped quickly last night to Yellow and closer to Orange. A night on the water with ole Uncle Dave that started about 10:30PM and by morning there were 77 Common carp in the barrel. If yours truly could have hit the broadside of a barn the first hour (hmm, seems like I've heard this before) we should have been in triple figures. Not much size to any of them, nothing over 10 lbs. We did see one Buff that I'm sure would have been a new state record, in fact he left a dent in my boat, I think he's been watching too many re-runs of Jaws. Oh and ask Uncle Dave if Green Lightning can strike twice in the same evening to someone that has never seen that phenomena before.

I also went over to Dawson on Sunday afternoon and all I will say is "that is the last time I would ever attempt to put in on that lake on a beautiful weekend day." The boat parking lot was completely full and even the overflow parking lot for trailers was almost completely full as well. Lost track of the 2,3,4 lb and larger bass that I saw along with numerous crappie on the beds but no carp to shoot at, there are a lot them ona north side mud flat baybut the water was too churned up to see at all and I had to keep dodging all the other standard fisherman. Not a lot of fun there. Probably a better weekday or night shoot spot.