Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Looking for Private to Hunt Pronghorn in WY >

Looking for Private to Hunt Pronghorn in WY

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Looking for Private to Hunt Pronghorn in WY

Old 02-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Spike

Default Looking for Private to Hunt Pronghorn in WY

While I would prefer to hunt public, I am tired of the pickup rodeo in NE WY opening week public lands and I don't have enough points to get to the wide open western units. But I am willing to pay for access, but since I am a thousand miles away, I have no good way to find private access to land where there are a decent number of 'lopes. I am not looking for trophies - would even just hunt does, but would like to avoid having an outfitter tag along - my son and I have many years of hunting together and don't need/want a stranger along for the walk. Any contacts, connections or ideas to connect with private land access in easy draw WY units would be much appreacited!
Old 02-16-2019, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

This topic has been moved to the Hunts/Outfitters forum where it belongs. If you scroll down in the Hunts/Outfitters forum topics, there is one listing offering private land hunting on a huge ranch. That member may be able to help you. If not, he may know another rancher who could. I left a 2-day expiring notice of this topic being moved to the new forum so0 you can find it when you check back in.
CalHunter

p.s. Let us know if you find a good place with trespass fees.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Spike

Thanks - sorry for posting in wrong place, I am new to this forum.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

No worries. This should give you more and better quality replies. All of the outfitters and those selling private land access list their offers in this forum. Also, a lot of people who tend to use those types of access look here to see if there's more access or better access. Like I said, there's a guy about 5 or 6 topics below yours who owns a humongous ranch in Wyoming (over 50 square miles) and is willing to let people hunt on half of the ranch (that's like over 25 square miles). IIRC, his ranch is somewhere just west of the National Grasslands. That would be pronghorn heaven for a hunter. If you're not able to draw, he may know of another rancher in a different hunting unit where hopefully you could make the connection.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:54 PM
Spike

Bison. A few years ago when I was looking for the same type thing I contacted Wyoming fish and game. They kept a list of landowners who allowed hunting for antelope for a trespassing fee. Good luck

Sab