Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Southern WV (Bow Only County) ATV/Scouting/Hunting >

Southern WV (Bow Only County) ATV/Scouting/Hunting

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Southern WV (Bow Only County) ATV/Scouting/Hunting

Old 08-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Spike

Default Southern WV (Bow Only County) ATV/Scouting/Hunting

Would you like to hunt in one of southern West Virginia "Bow Only" counties this year?
Do you own an ATV/UTV/RZR/etc...?
If so, read on...
Trail 10 House and ATV Tours in Williamson WV (Mingo County) would be a perfect base for a week of hunting.
It comes complete with an atv "scouting day" on the first day of your trip.
I will take you out on the trails near Williamson on land that you can get a free written permission card to hunt on. The land company office that allows us to hunt there is just 3 blocks from Trail 10 House. all they ask is that you wear a helmet with a Hatfield McCoy trail pass.
We will go out and do some real scouting, in some real West Virginia wild woods…In an area that's been "Bow Only" since 1979.
I will show you some of my favorite spots while we check out secluded valleys and ridge top saddles for rubs, scrapes, game trails, etc...
you simply GPS mark the trees or other spots you like with your gps/tracks apps, and then ride your atv back there to hunt whenever you want.
I can't guarantee you will bag a dream buck, but I CAN show you some awesome spots where those dream bucks live!!!
These are VERY secluded woods, accessible by 4x4 off road vehicles (and helicopters) only.

It's Hunting... And it's trail riding... With Accommodations...

Nightly rental on the house is only $65 and the scouting day is only $150. On a side note, we are filling up with Hatfield McCoy trail riders much faster than anticipated and hunting season starts next month, so don't wait. call or message me to reserve a spot while you can. (304) 236 5595 or lookup Trail 10 House on Facebook.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

leo
Attached Thumbnails Southern WV (Bow Only County) ATV/Scouting/Hunting-img_0053.jpg  
Old 08-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt a little bit in Wyoming and McDowell myself definitely some good deer in those 4 county’s.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:55 AM
Spike

You should come down this fall. this is literally the holy grail of the 4 county bow only area, called Millers Creek. for years people would come from all around to hunt there.
a coal mine opened several years ago and gated the main road off on both sides of their operation but the land is still huntable "IF" you know the back way in through the trails.
The big difference between then and now, is that almost no one hunts it now. it's just the deer there, all by themselves... breeding their little hearts out.
I do Hatfield McCoy trail tours and outlaw trail tours from Williamson WV. that's how i know out about the "back door" into the area.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Pm me a total for say 4 days for two and a number to call I will give it some thought and run it by some guys might give ya some business thanks
Old 08-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by botechboy
Pm me a total for say 4 days for two and a number to call I will give it some thought and run it by some guys might give ya some business thanks
Done. And thanks for the consideration.