Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Idaho 2016 Spring Bear Hunts >

Idaho 2016 Spring Bear Hunts

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Idaho 2016 Spring Bear Hunts

Old 02-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Spike

Default Idaho 2016 Spring Bear Hunts

Who is starting to think about spring bear hunting? We still have openings in the prime part of spring season from May 15 - June 15. Now is the time to make plans for a spring bear hunt, it will be here before you know it! Our prices are very competitive, you won't find another hunt this good for the same price anywhere, we have baited camp based hunts starting at $1900 per person all meals included, our hound hunts are an especially good value compared to most outfitters in Idaho or anywhere for that matter. High success rates, high percentage of color phase bears, 2 bear options, bait hunting, hound hunting, spot & stalk hunting. Get details & prices at www.clarkforkoutfitters.com or give us a call at 208-290-3087 (Leon) or 208-304-7324 (Molly). Here are a few pictures of some particularly nice boars of all color phases we have taken out of this area over the last few years.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Spike

Alright folks, the time has come for us to make someone a great deal on a spring 2016 bear hunt! I need a hunter or pair of hunters for a camp based spring bear hunt the week of May 22-28 and I am willing to give a 20% discount to anyone who can hunt that week, right now we are at $2500 for a single hunter or $3800 for 2 hunters ($1900 each) the 20% discount would make a hunt for 1 hunter $2000 or a hunt for 2 hunters $1520 each. There is 6% sales tax on our fees and each hunter needs a license & tag which totals $196.50. A second bear can be added to any hunt for $750 upon harvest of first bear.

I am willing to give a 10% discount to anyone who wants to book for the week before or after that (May 15-21 or May 29-June 3).

Our spring hunt at camp is primarily a bait hunt but there is the option to do some spot & stalk hunting as well. All the baits have ladder stands set up within easy archery range of the bait and most are set up so that either right or left handed shooters can hunt out of them. Baits are started 2-3 weeks before any hunters arrive and maintained daily the week before hunting begins as well as throughout the hunts to ensure plenty of activity on the baits. We have all the different color phases of bears as well as quite a few that display white markings on the chest, last year we took 50% color phase bears and 75% were boars. Success on a first bear is between 80-90% most seasons, last year was the first season we were able to take a second bear as well and out of the hunters who went for the second bear success was 66% on the second bear.

Camp consists of wall tents with outdoor carpet floors, cots for sleeping and a wood stove for heat as well as other essentials such as propane lanterns etc, there is a shower tent with continuous hot water supplied by a Honda pump & a propane fired on demand water heater, there is also a cook tent with a dining table as well as both a wood stove and a propane range/oven. Our hunts include all your meals, beverages, etc, the main course for each evenings meal is prepared by my wife Molly in our kitchen and kept frozen until needed in a chest freezer at camp which ensures hearty delicious meals after every days hunt, the freezer also allows us to freeze hides, meat, etc. right there in camp for transport.

I have price checked our hunts against the listed prices on every Idaho outfitters web site I can find and I know they are the best value for the dollar on the market today, we keep our prices reasonable by not paying for expensive advertising or trade show booths etc, we rely heavily on return clients and word of mouth (6 of the 8 hunters we have booked for this spring are return clients).

Let me know if you are interested, we have lots of other options including fall hunts, lodge based hunts, hunts with dogs, etc. but this is a good deal to get out there this spring on a quality hunt in some beautiful bear country with a very well established outfitter at a reasonable price. You can read some testimonials from past clients on our web site, we can also provide references if you would like.

Leon Brown
208-290-3087
Old 03-06-2016, 04:44 AM
Spike

No way I could hunt this spring. But I am curious about total cost. I presume bear meat is edible, so what does processing and then shipping cost? And what would the cost be for tanning the hide?
Old 03-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Spike

Yes bear meat is edible and actually very good, it is like pork in the respect that it needs to be cooked well done. The cost of processing depends a lot on what you have done with the meat, some bulk sausage products are just over 1$ per lb and it runs all the way up to $3.70 per lb for jalapeno cheese smokies. We prefer to cut all of the back and neck up our selves for stew meat (makes great stew) and use all the rest of the meat for some type of sausage, sometimes we smoke a large chunk out of one of the hams whole as well which our processor charges .85$ lb for. So as I said it depends a lot on what you have done with the meat, the other variable is the size of the bear you are processing.

The size of the bear will also determine the cost of having the hide tanned, the last quote I got for getting a hide tanned was $60 per foot (nose to tail) so a 5' bear would be $300, 6' bear would be $360 etc. For a finished rug with felt border etc cost was $180 per foot.

Shipping is once again going to vary on the size of the bear and also on which carrier you use but one thing is universal, they are all expensive. For this reason I recommend taking as much of it with you as possible and either processing it yourself or having it processed back at home. A tanned hide is not too expensive to ship since it does not weigh all that much so if you will be flying out for the hunt I recommend taking as much of the meat as possible and leaving the hide here to be tanned even if it means paying the airline for an extra bag. We had a client who was able to put a hind quarter and both back straps off of an elk in 1 big cooler and paid like $50 extra to the airline, that is a lot cheaper than sending it Fed Ex or UPS.

I hope this helps, I know it isn't a real definite answer to all your questions but it gives you some kind of an idea what you are looking at. As with many things there are a lot of different ways it can be done so if you're on a tight budget there are ways to trim the cost down.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Spike

The week of May 22 is now booked but we are extending the 20% discount for either the week of May 15 or the week of May 29.

Leon Brown
208-290-3087
[email protected]