HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idaho 2016 Spring Bear Hunts
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Leon Brown
Spike

Alright folks, the time has come for us to make someone a great deal on a spring 2016 bear hunt! I need a hunter or pair of hunters for a camp based spring bear hunt the week of May 22-28 and I am willing to give a 20% discount to anyone who can hunt that week, right now we are at $2500 for a single hunter or $3800 for 2 hunters ($1900 each) the 20% discount would make a hunt for 1 hunter $2000 or a hunt for 2 hunters $1520 each. There is 6% sales tax on our fees and each hunter needs a license & tag which totals $196.50. A second bear can be added to any hunt for $750 upon harvest of first bear.

I am willing to give a 10% discount to anyone who wants to book for the week before or after that (May 15-21 or May 29-June 3).

Our spring hunt at camp is primarily a bait hunt but there is the option to do some spot & stalk hunting as well. All the baits have ladder stands set up within easy archery range of the bait and most are set up so that either right or left handed shooters can hunt out of them. Baits are started 2-3 weeks before any hunters arrive and maintained daily the week before hunting begins as well as throughout the hunts to ensure plenty of activity on the baits. We have all the different color phases of bears as well as quite a few that display white markings on the chest, last year we took 50% color phase bears and 75% were boars. Success on a first bear is between 80-90% most seasons, last year was the first season we were able to take a second bear as well and out of the hunters who went for the second bear success was 66% on the second bear.

Camp consists of wall tents with outdoor carpet floors, cots for sleeping and a wood stove for heat as well as other essentials such as propane lanterns etc, there is a shower tent with continuous hot water supplied by a Honda pump & a propane fired on demand water heater, there is also a cook tent with a dining table as well as both a wood stove and a propane range/oven. Our hunts include all your meals, beverages, etc, the main course for each evenings meal is prepared by my wife Molly in our kitchen and kept frozen until needed in a chest freezer at camp which ensures hearty delicious meals after every days hunt, the freezer also allows us to freeze hides, meat, etc. right there in camp for transport.

I have price checked our hunts against the listed prices on every Idaho outfitters web site I can find and I know they are the best value for the dollar on the market today, we keep our prices reasonable by not paying for expensive advertising or trade show booths etc, we rely heavily on return clients and word of mouth (6 of the 8 hunters we have booked for this spring are return clients).

Let me know if you are interested, we have lots of other options including fall hunts, lodge based hunts, hunts with dogs, etc. but this is a good deal to get out there this spring on a quality hunt in some beautiful bear country with a very well established outfitter at a reasonable price. You can read some testimonials from past clients on our web site, we can also provide references if you would like.

Leon Brown
208-290-3087