Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Ontario Whitetails - Hunters only >

Ontario Whitetails - Hunters only

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Ontario Whitetails - Hunters only

Old 01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ontario Whitetails - Hunters only

Don't care to hear from outfitters (sorry) would like to know who has been to Ontario deer hunting, how was it, how was the food, quality of game, quantity of game and would you recommend the place?
Thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

I would go to this site. Hunt information systems site directory. You can then look under Ontario and see the reviews from other hunters. This is a very very usefull site for anyone looking to book a hunt this yr or time to come. Hope this helps you. I know one thing Ontario is probably the cheapest place to kill trophy whitetails. But wolves I heard are taking a toll. But they still have some great deer but be careful and research the outfitter. Good luck and let us know about the hunt you had if you go.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Outdoor
Don't care to hear from outfitters (sorry) would like to know who has been to Ontario deer hunting, how was it, how was the food, quality of game, quantity of game and would you recommend the place?
Thanks
Go To: www.whitetaileddeer.net. Shoal Lake Lodge (Kejick, Ontario, West of Kenora, almost to Manitoba) puts on an awesome hunt. Pricing isn't bad either for all you get! I have hunted there the last 2 years, and, would be making it 3, but, I am Elk hunting in Idaho this year. That being said, you should also know this; I have not harvested a buck from their camp yet, call it picky, but, I am waiting for a monster; they are there, but, I just seem to alway miss the rut. My father in law shot a huge 8 pointer in 2009 up there. The pictures on their website should tell you what kind of deer are there. The owners, Tim and Dave, have a top knotch set up; the guides are all local natives whom grew up on Shoal Lake...they know their stuff. Hunts are done on islands scattered throughout the huge lake and hunters are put in ground blinds which are stratigically placed in some of the most beautiful country you can imagine. The also have very sturdy home made ladderstands, but, me being a 'huskier" guy, think the ground blinds are more comfortable (I have hunted both up there). The cabins and lodge are all new in 2005. Full electricity, running water, flush toilets and hot showers! Wood stoves for heat, and new this year, nice big TV's and DVD players in all the cabins! You have to cook your own breakfast and pack your own lunch, but, you will not eat a supper that won't make you loosen your belt 2 or 3 notches! The food is out of this world! Supper is served in the main lodge...really nice place to gather and hear the stories of everyone's hunts! Any other ?s, please PM me.

Last edited by Robbi; 01-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.