HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ontario Whitetails - Hunters only
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Robbi
Spike

Originally Posted by Outdoor
Don't care to hear from outfitters (sorry) would like to know who has been to Ontario deer hunting, how was it, how was the food, quality of game, quantity of game and would you recommend the place?
Thanks
Go To: www.whitetaileddeer.net. Shoal Lake Lodge (Kejick, Ontario, West of Kenora, almost to Manitoba) puts on an awesome hunt. Pricing isn't bad either for all you get! I have hunted there the last 2 years, and, would be making it 3, but, I am Elk hunting in Idaho this year. That being said, you should also know this; I have not harvested a buck from their camp yet, call it picky, but, I am waiting for a monster; they are there, but, I just seem to alway miss the rut. My father in law shot a huge 8 pointer in 2009 up there. The pictures on their website should tell you what kind of deer are there. The owners, Tim and Dave, have a top knotch set up; the guides are all local natives whom grew up on Shoal Lake...they know their stuff. Hunts are done on islands scattered throughout the huge lake and hunters are put in ground blinds which are stratigically placed in some of the most beautiful country you can imagine. The also have very sturdy home made ladderstands, but, me being a 'huskier" guy, think the ground blinds are more comfortable (I have hunted both up there). The cabins and lodge are all new in 2005. Full electricity, running water, flush toilets and hot showers! Wood stoves for heat, and new this year, nice big TV's and DVD players in all the cabins! You have to cook your own breakfast and pack your own lunch, but, you will not eat a supper that won't make you loosen your belt 2 or 3 notches! The food is out of this world! Supper is served in the main lodge...really nice place to gather and hear the stories of everyone's hunts! Any other ?s, please PM me.

Last edited by Robbi; 01-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.