Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Warning outfitter

Old 03-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Spike

Been awhile since I've been here to read the post's. I hope people are believers now. Its comical how people will stand up for bad Outfitters! Very funny.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Spike

Found this info on Leon which helps confirm the original warning post.

Outfitter in court for illegal hunting
By Mark Melnychuk
Posted 3 days ago

A local outfitter will soon face trial for a slew of illegal hunting charges.

Leon Frank Delorme appeared at Meadow Lake Provincial court on Feb. 28. Delorme is an outfitter based out of the Red Pheasant Reserve, which is near North Battleford. He runs an outfitting business in the region called Delorme Outfitters. The charges were first brought to court in Jan. 2010.

The trial was supposed to begin this past week, but after Delorme hired a different lawyer, a new hearing had to be set for March 3.

Among the many charges, Delorme is facing five counts of unlawful hunting, four counts of possessing animals prohibited by the Wildlife Act and five counts of hunting without a licence. He has also been charged with three counts of providing false information on a document.

In addition to allegedly committing offences against the Wildlife Act, Delorme is also facing federal charges in accordance with the Wild Animal and Plant Protection and Regulation of International and Interprovincial Trade Act. He is facing five charges under the act, including allegedly creating false and misleading information and illegally exporting wildlife out of the province without a permit.

During the hearing, it was revealed that Delorme will seek assistance from the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations. He has submitted a request to the Treaty Rights Protection Fund, a tribunal run by the FSIN that pays for the defence's legal fees in order to protect treaty rights.

If convicted, Delorme could face a series of hefty fines and penalties. For example, the minimum punishment for trafficking animals without a licence, is a fine of $2,000 and a five-year ban from acquiring any hunting licence under the Wildlife Act.

It is anticipated that a trial date will be set at the next hearing. The case will stay in provincial court.

http://www.meadowlakeprogress.com/Ar...aspx?e=3004685
Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Spike

its about time!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Spike

I was there and saw it and experience all the bad and ugly of the new Leon (son) guiding services never in my life I had fear for my live not even in salmon river when rapid water took me down the river In my hunt with Leon even his Dad was shot in the face by a client that was drinking all night at the lodge things got real ugly when I said UGLY it was like or we kill them or they will us ......this not a JOKE and we were in Indian Reservation with Indian laws ....Indian police.... I would NOT ...NOT hunt with a another Reservation even if they paid me ..... but My friend that pass away never got the last two deer heads that he paid Leon Jr. to be mounted.... you dont beleive me all this is 100% thru hard to beleive but thru or my friend the pass away when we Leon Jr. more that 8 times to hunt for deer and bear and never had a problem but in the last few years all changed to this I wonder what happen to this operation .....
Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Spike

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by scooter0129
I just returned from a early season deer hunt in Meadow Lake Saskachewan with DELORME OUTFITTERS. Please heed this warning and avoid this outfitter. The owner Leon Delorme a native indian is not stable and will throw you out if your not happy with what they do there. It starts with guides that have no clue and are just taxi drivers. They were late to pick us up every day including getting in our stands after sun up, walking out of stands at 11am to meet them as they requested and them not showing up till 12:45. Taking me on a 2 hour ride into the bush to call for moose and elk and realizing they have no gas and having to turn around without ever hunting. Driving out to a stand and finding another hunter already there. Then you must be carefull what you say at the lodge as it is his motherinlaws house. She sits in her room in the back and listens to everything you say and then tells the owner Leon. Upon telling the rest of our guys we booked a earlier flight the next day we were hostily woken up at 5am to a crazy owner yelling at us threatening to kill us and taking a swing at me while we were still in bed. Normally we would have kick the **** out of him but wiser minds thought about where we were on an indian reservation in canada, who knows who was down stairs or waiting for us out side so we just left and caught an ealier flight. PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE do not book a hunt at DELORME OUTFITTERS MEADOW LAKE SAKACHEWAN

THANKS for the info on this so called outfitter!! this is the best way to get the info out there to other hunters and the only way we as hunters can stop him from being in busness, by not booking hunts with them. so great job on letting us all know. and hope you did not loose a lot of money! if we as hunters do these kind of things we will all be better off and the bad outfitters will go out of busness. lets go bou hunting
Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM
Spike

There shouldnt be any more posts in his defence, i hear his wife has finally left him!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Spike

Hopefully they will take away his ability to guide/outfit up there. Then maybe we won't have to keep reading about him....no offense fellas', but, I have heard enough about this guy!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Spike

I live near Leon and can tell you he was and still is bad news. Although he was charged he has re-incorporated under another name and has his relatives running it for him. See attached news article.

An outfitter from Meadow Lake has been fined $20,300 under the Wildlife Act and the outfitter and guide regulations.

Leon Delorme was convicted for illegal outfitting and hunting and falsifying export licences.

The charges were laid as the result of a two-year investigation by the Ministry of Environment. The investigation found Delorme, a First Nations outfitter, was unlawfully outfitting by providing hunts outside his authorized hunting area on First Nations land.

These hunts included three different groups of hunters over two years and involved the unlawful hunting and taking of whitetailed deer, mule deer and moose. All hunts were with clients from the United States.

In addition to the fines, which were levied in provincial court, Delorme received a five-year hunting licence suspension and all seized items were forfeited to the Crown.

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/techno...#ixzz1c1GN8gC9
Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by scooter0129
I just returned from a early season deer hunt in Meadow Lake Saskachewan with DELORME OUTFITTERS. Please heed this warning and avoid this outfitter. The owner Leon Delorme a native indian is not stable and will throw you out if your not happy with what they do there. It starts with guides that have no clue and are just taxi drivers. They were late to pick us up every day including getting in our stands after sun up, walking out of stands at 11am to meet them as they requested and them not showing up till 12:45. Taking me on a 2 hour ride into the bush to call for moose and elk and realizing they have no gas and having to turn around without ever hunting. Driving out to a stand and finding another hunter already there. Then you must be carefull what you say at the lodge as it is his motherinlaws house. She sits in her room in the back and listens to everything you say and then tells the owner Leon. Upon telling the rest of our guys we booked a earlier flight the next day we were hostily woken up at 5am to a crazy owner yelling at us threatening to kill us and taking a swing at me while we were still in bed. Normally we would have kick the **** out of him but wiser minds thought about where we were on an indian reservation in canada, who knows who was down stairs or waiting for us out side so we just left and caught an ealier flight. PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE do not book a hunt at DELORME OUTFITTERS MEADOW LAKE SAKACHEWAN
Found the same post on another website http://www.google.com/url?q=http://b...93PmJh_D5EdW0Q

Last edited by genesis27:3; 11-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Spike

I just now found these postings. I too had hunted with Delorme Outfitters 3 different times, 1st time was great but only a few hunters were in camp. The next trip as one guy had mentioned Bill Jordan was there and so were a TON of other hunters. Some did get good bucks but others didn't. It was disorganized I shot a nice buck which I never got. Then hunted again a few weeks later and it was a train wreck. I also got on his ^&* list and he threatened me too. I went back to Saskatoon and just had a nice time visiting friends I had met there. Then I hunted on a different reservation near Cold lake. Same thing, one year I got another 160s class deer but the next year the camp was in turmoil. I haven't been back up to Canada the last few years and I really wish I could find a good outfitter up there. Headed to Iowa in a couple weeks so hope I'll do good there. I am not a relative to Leon but maybe the pressure just got to him I don't know, I do wish him and his Dad, which I really enjoyed talking with the best of luck. But I wouldn't hunt there. I saw too many bad things happen up there. One good note was I got to meet Bill Jordan, and he was such a nice guy. I remember how he said he had been hunting for like 26 days straight and he couldn't wait to get back to see Tyler. One of his camera men shot a buck I passed up and its on one of their videos. So if you don't beleive Bill hunted there you can go look it up on his Monster Bucks Videos. Oh one more note I hunted with Dr Deer at the Cold Lake lodge. He got a booner that was on his video, was a nice guy too. good luck hunting this year and be careful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.