Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Pronghorn or Whitetail >

Pronghorn or Whitetail

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Pronghorn or Whitetail

Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 AM

Default Pronghorn or Whitetail

Looking to setup a pronghorn, or a whitetail hunt. Any info please email me or post some pages up thanks.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pronghorn or Whitetail

Here are a couple of Outfitters I work with that might be able to help you out.

[align=center]

Hunting with 2 River Outfitters, you will be within minutes of the historical Fort Union and Fort Buford near the confluence of the Missouri & Yellowstone Rivers. Bow hunting for whitetail will be in the heavily timbered river bottoms. Whitetail in this area feed on sugar beets, alfalfa, corn and wheat. Morning hunts will be sitting in stands along the trails that lead from bedding areas to the fields. The deer will be leaving fields heading for water and bedding areas. Evening hunts will be just the opposite, deer will be leaving bedding areas for the evening feeding in the fields. For some of the hunts we will need to boat up or down the rivers to get to the backsides of the properties, depending on the wind direction. We will provide stands, ground blinds, and safety harness.

Mule deer and antelope hunting will be done in the hills above the river bottoms. Most of this hunting will be spot & stalk. We can also hunt mule deer similar to whitetail, by sitting on the trails that lead to feeding areas. Antelope hunting is best during the rut - September and 1st week of October with the aid of a decoy. Bow hunting this area you can expect to see many bucks in the 100 to 140 PY range with plenty of bucks 150 inches plus. Antelope range 11 to 14 inches and mule deer range 20 to 28 inches outside spread.

The winter months of January and February we spend time calling coyotes. Action can be pretty fast, calling them across the river's or through the deep canyons of the Badlands. Coyotes are very abundant and their is no limit.

The rut hunts for whitetail (the weeks of November 12-16 and November 19-23) are during North Dakota's rifle season. This means we will need to wear the require orange. Between morning and evening stands we will go out and try rattling in a buck or two. Action can be fast and furious.

[align=center]

Lodging (near hunting area)

3D Archery Targets

Home Cooked Meals

Stands and Blinds

Experienced Archery Guides

Safety Harness

Game Retrieval

Professional Trophy Care

Transport Game to Processor

Airport Pickup to and from Sidney, Montana or Williston, North Dakota
[/align]

[align=center]

Deer - Archery (Non-Resident)

$215.00

Antelope - Archery (Non-Resident)

$215.00

Coyote - (Non-Resident)

$27.00

Purchase Licenses on the web at: www.discovernd.com/gnf
[/align]
[/align]Routier Outfitters - South Dakota

A note from Randy Routier of Routier Outfitters[/b]
Hello Hunters,
I would like to take a minute to tell you a little bit about my operation. First of all, it is a family/friend group of guides. All of my guides live in the immediate area and are hunters themselves. This gives them a great advantage in learning how the animals in the western states act. I do not go out and hire guides from other states to come in just for hunting season. Most of the hunting is done in fairly wide country. Although there is not a lot of timber, these animals have learned how to use what cover there is very well. Many of my clients question me on how in the heck there are any animals in such vast and open land. I think there are two main ingredients to the abundance and variety of wildlife. The first key is the lack of hunting pressure. I take a limited number of hunters and the state also limits the number of hunters by releasing a limited number of tags. Archery tags are guaranteed but all rifle tags are offered on a lottery draw (except buffalo). The second key is the land itself. The land is a lot rougher than it looks and our grass is a little bit different. A person can look for miles at one time and it looks flat as glass. Once you get out in it, there are many dips and draws that you can not see until you are in them. Our grass is a very healthy grass and filled with valuable nutrition that the animals do very well on. All of the land is also private. If my family does not own it, I have the exclusive hunting lease rights.
If you are an archery hunter almost all of it is done from treestands and blinds. For deer, I use the Little Missouri River and the Pine tree covered hills. The stands will be on proven trails that go to and from the feeding grounds to the bedding grounds. We do have alfalfa fields that attract an abundance of wildlife. The antelope archery hunting is done from blinds that are on water holes and fence crossings. If you are here during the antelope rut we do have antelope decoys that work great. All buffalo hunting is spot and stalk. Most rifle hunting is also spot and stalk. The guides take you to a spot that is likely to have trophy animals and after spotting the animal of your choice the stalk is on. We also have great luck with drives and the travel route trails for ambushes. Good optics and flat shooting guns are essential for our hunts. Powerful optics can save your feet and legs many miles of walking. If you can tell the animal is a definite trophy before you use your energy on a stalk the better off you will be. Archery shots are usually close but rifle shots average around 200 yards. Hunter orange is required for rifle hunters.
Being born in 1979, I am young for an outfitter/guide but I look at age as just a number. I started guiding around the age of 10 when my Mom started the outfitting business. I am the sixth generation to live in this county on the families working cattle ranch. I spend many hours scouting and guiding each year myself. I am proud to say this because I am paralyzed and in a wheelchair. It seems like I have hunted harder and been busier outfitting/guiding since my accident. I have a great support group that allows me to do this. Being handicapped I am very comfortable having handicapped clients. I have accessible blinds and lodging.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checkout Randy Routier! www.huntsd.net
Old 05-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

My name is Brandon Wilmoth and I’m the Manager of Kansas Racks and Quacks located in South Central Kansas. I’m currently booking Whitetail hunts for the 2008 season. We have over 4,000 acres of land that holds world class Deer and Turkeys. If you would be interested in a hunt take a look at our website at www.huntingks.com.

Thanks
Brandon Wilmoth
Kansas Racks and Quacks Manager
[email protected]
620-230-0929
Old 05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

We have spots available forwhitetail hunts in Kansas and eastern Colorado. We also have pronghorn hunts in the Texas Panhandle and eastern Colorado. These hunts last year produced a 175 inch Whitetail and a 84 inch Pronghorn.

Visit www.sagebrushhunts.commore more info and pics or call me Jeremy at 620-353-3285
Old 05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

I have alot of great antelope hunts here in Colorado. Tags guaranteed, great success, great hunts. Give me a call 719-390-5509
Old 05-25-2008, 12:19 AM

Give me a call at 208-816-4245. We can help you with some river bottom whitetails and antelope. We offer non-guided hunts on private land. We include lodging and we have a prime date of around September 23rd, 2008 still available. Deer/Antelope combo 5 days, 5 nights for $1000 per hunter or choose one for $500/hunter. www.idahoobison.com
Old 05-29-2008, 11:43 PM

go to FreeHunt.com and register to win a FREE antelope, Merriam turkey, or pheasant hunt in South Dakota with Double K Guide Service.

www.freehunt.com
www.doublekguides.com