Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 need opinion on a lease i found in east texas >

need opinion on a lease i found in east texas

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

need opinion on a lease i found in east texas

Old 04-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default need opinion on a lease i found in east texas

its in sabin county.near bronson.15 miles from san augustin.600 per gun for a seasonal lease.lots of hogs and a 4 to 1 ratio on buck to doe. 1645 acres 20 people.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM

Default RE: need opinion on a lease i found in east texas

Bubba

First, I think someone means 4 does to 1 buck, not the opposite as you have indicated. Lots of hogs is quite likely true. 20 people on 1645 acres is not bad in east Texas. At $600 per gun, that works out to $12,000 total and $7.30 per acre. What other expenses do you have on the lease (corn, stands, feeders, food plots, etc)? Will you need a 4-wheel drive or ATV to get around the lease? Where will you be allowed to hunt? All 1645 acres or just in your designated spot?

Ask for 3 hunters to call to ask about their experience on the lease this past year. This might be a good find......
Old 04-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need opinion on a lease i found in east texas

I agree with Steve, talk with a couple guys and see what kind of year they had last year. The price doesn't sound bad for any where in Texas, you might want to see how many bucks you can harvest in that county too. My family has a ranch that I hunt in east texas and a couple years ago we got moved up from one buck to two, One descent one and a cull deer(as per the state).....