Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Looking for a hunt for my father >

Looking for a hunt for my father

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Looking for a hunt for my father

Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Spike

Default Looking for a hunt for my father

Hello,
My father is 50, and five years ago he was diagnosed with cancer, well he went through some operations and chemo and we thought it was taken care of. Well just before hunting season he started feeling sick. He went for his checkup after the first of the year and they found a cancerous tumor in his brain and some cancer in his liver. They successfully removed the tumor from his brain, but they cannot operate on his liver so we are hoping the chemo does some good.Well needless to say he didn't get a whole lot of hunting in this year, and we aren't sure if he will see another one. I was thinking about booking him a hunt of some sort in the midwest where me and my brother could tag along and spend some time with him. Only problem is I can't find anything in my price range. Does anyone know of any outfitters who offer deals to people in this situation.
Any information is appreciated

Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Default RE: Looking for a hunt for my father

Hey buddy, We'd be glad to help. Backwoods Whitetails is a family owned business and I do believe family is first. I no longer have my father and i am aware of time spent with himthat ismissed by myself and my son.Email me direct at[email protected] and GOD WILLIN we'll get you and your dad into the midwestthis fall. I work with a couple of organizations that specialize in this area. thanks Brett
Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 AM

Brett,

If you can make this happen you are one class act!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the support. Helping make memories are what we are about. It doesn't always have to be about the dollar. I believe you always get back what you give to others. Whitetail hunting is the greatest sport in the world and because you can spend it with family and friends........that makes it even better. Good luck to you this season.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Spike

I am doing a free fishing trip this summer for a guy that just came back from IRAQ. If his surgeries go OK, he will be coming fishing in July at my remote cabin here on Lake Of The Wood's. The trip is thru the disabled sportsman of America.
Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to talk about doing a whitetail hunt with your brother and dad, maybe early or mid September. ( bow hunt) I wouldn't charge for the hunt, just your licenses, gas and you would need to get up here. I wouldn't have any room for the later hunts though. I would like to help you guy's out .