Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
Looking for Feedback on NM Outfitters >

Looking for Feedback on NM Outfitters

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Looking for Feedback on NM Outfitters

Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Spike

Default Looking for Feedback on NM Outfitters

I decided to try New Mexico Archery Elk and have several outfitters that I am trying to chose from. I plan to check out the references they provided but in addition, I want to get some independent feedback from you all.

Can anyone advise me if they know anything about the following outfitters?

1. Timberline Outfitters - Pery Hunsaker, Luna NM
2. New Mexico Hunting Adventures - Vince Vigil, Albuquerque
3. Milligan Brand - Ray Milligan, Chama NM
4. Blue Mountain Outfitters - Bob Atwood, Belen NM

Thanks ...

dr

Old 02-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking for Feedback on NM Outfitters

Where are you applying? or just going with a gurranteed tag wherever? Which units/areas? counties? Don't know any of those guys, to advise on.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:28 PM

Double G Outfitters hunts the northwest part of NM, here area few pic's from 2007:

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewHoo.do?type=photoPile&size=LS&logoUrl= http%3A%2F%2Fpictures.aol.com&aolAlbumId=1uXYx RKKm4TIxbsel6CeeCCDZ4BpzzgRfTfbGvKFTlOJJdNX5w59hg% 3D%3D&noLogo=true&bgcolor=000000

Sorry this one will work.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:46 PM

I don't know much about any of those outfitters, I guide for Double G Outfitters inGrants NM we hunt units 9, 10, 12, and 13. We are right now working on gettingour website up and running, untill then ifanyone would like you can email us at [email protected] or call usafter 6:00pm at: 505-285-4455 and we can send you an info-booket.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Spike

Default MTELK in NM -feedback

Originally Posted by Dave R
I decided to try New Mexico Archery Elk and have several outfitters that I am trying to chose from. I plan to check out the references they provided but in addition, I want to get some independent feedback from you all.

Thanks ...

dr
I'd avoid VV and NM Hunting Adventures. As a return client, his hunt quality is severely compromised. Worst elk hunt I've been on despite that fact that my buddy shot a 5x5 and I missed a decent 6. Camp was less than mediocre and, really, the quality was bordering slob camp tactics
Old 10-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Dave if you are DEATHLY SERIOUS about a giant bull, ESPECIALLY with a bow then give THE top dog in NM a call! Mick Chappel was born & raised there & been doing it FULL TIME since 1980! He is in the MECCA of giant bull "Gila Monster" territory on the NM/AZ line. I muzzleloaded with him in 1998 & took this 367" 'Gila Monster' that will likely be the most treasured trophy of my life. The unit I hunted in is a primitive weapons only zone & hasnt had a modern rifle season in it since the 80s. The areas/zones around Mick are simply the best the public has access to outside of AZ. His ranch/camps are nice, clean & "rusticly modern" but they are no million dollar lodge with cable TV & jacuzzis, if you want that then stay in northern NM.

Seriously, give him a call if you value your time & $ because you can bank 110% on Mick & his services,

http://www.nmtrophyhunts.com/
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Feedback on NM Outfitters-image.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Spike

Bob Atwood - Blue Mountain Outfitters. Have hunted with Bob a couple of times - he and his guides are top notch and will work hard to get you on animals.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:17 AM
Spike

Default Nmha

Thanks ...

dr
I had a great time with Vince's outfit, however there was a problem with one of his guides, I brought it to his attention he told me to piss off. DO NOT BOOK with Vince, he is garbage.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

This topic has been moved to a more appropriate forum per the rules. It's a worthwhile topic and good feedback so far. Hopefully it helps the OP make an informed decision.

CalHunter
Old 12-05-2020, 07:13 AM
Spike

Thanks ...

dr
I would not use vince vigil with New Mexico hunting adventures. He’s a used car salesman. The most awful experience and a very low budget operation. When Vince vigil was confronted about the experience he has a “too bad so sad because I already got your money” attitude.

Quick Reply: Looking for Feedback on NM Outfitters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.