Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Hunting Nilgai in South Texas >

Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Old 07-29-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Looking for a great place to hunt Nilgai? Hunt on a 12,000+ acre ranch (low fence) in South Texas that has not been commercially hunted! 2 day hunts are available with accomadations at a near by bay house (go fishing off the pier after hunting.) Email [email protected] or call Terri 281-923-4298 for more details!

Nilgai are free ranging, fast and mean animals! The bulls weigh up to 600 pounds and have a very keen sense of sight and smell. The way to get one is to see it before it sees you.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Can't guarantee very many people on this site will be interested, since we take a bias here to high-fence hunting.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

why are you all so bias to the high fence hunting?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because lots of high-fence hunting operates from the shipment of animals from other areas, rather than fencing in the natural animals, like with the deer, they may be shipped from other parts of America and stuff, and in doing so, it contributes to the spread of CWD, because deer that are shipped from areas that are full of CWD, may have it, and then escape, and release it into the wild herd, spreading the problem, or, if the area is too small and overpopulated, like a pen, they might develop CWD.

Another reason is "canned hunting", which is when tame deer that have been fed supplements and minerals to make their racks grow huge, are put ina small 1-acre or much less fenced in area, and shot, like a pig in a pen, it's not sport, people do this mainly to "fake" a record, and pay tens of thousands of dollars to shoot the animals like that, it's not sport, and it putsa bad face on hunting.

That's why we don't like it.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

you are going to have to check your facts. Farmed "shipped" animals haven't once spread CWD. And the department of natural resources actually first found the disease then released the deer that had it. There are no reported cases of the disease being spread due to Fenced operations. And no reputable high fence operation is going to allow shooting of animals in a pen of 1 acre. I'm in the process of setting up a preserve in missouri with over 1000 acres behind fence. If you think you can sit there and tell me that its not sporting to hunt an individual animal on 1000 acres you are out of your mind. I have a buddy who has a 200 acres preserve and has run across hogs on his property that were born and raised inside the fence with out anyone ever knowing it or seeing them until they were shot. Have you even hunted in a high fence situation?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 PM

I wish I knew how to add links on here.There is a web site showing one of these canned "hunts" with Jimmy Houston(pro bass fisherman,so called outdoors-man)the deer were drugged,and placed in an 1-3 acre enclosure.If I can find the web address Ill post it on here.The video make a person wonder how much longer we can keep our hunting privileges with stuff like that going on.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 PM

That web site is...
www.real-hunters.com/full.swf
Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not disagreeing that unethical things happen. But reality is stuff like that happens inside and outside the fence. What they did was no different then someone poaching. Fenced hunting is a wonderful means of hunting animals that you would otherwise never get a chance to. What needs to happen however is there needs to be guidelines put in place to set minimum standards in which they must operate. Otherwise it leads people to believe that stuff like this is acceptable behavoir which is incorrect.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:59 PM

I agree one hundred percent about the minimum standards,best of luck starting your outfit.Just when you read or here of the bad,thats the 1st thing that comes to mind(bad apples and all that).By the way what is a 'Nilgai'
Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Its a large Indian Antelope. Very interesting animal to hunt its one of the species that if it wasn't for high fenced hunting you'd never have a chance to hunt I'm pretty sure they are endangered in their home area.

http://www.schreinerfarms.com/neilgai_antelope.htm

that link has some pictures and a little info

Quick Reply: Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.