Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunts/Outfitters
 Hunting Nilgai in South Texas >

Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Community
Hunts/Outfitters Find your next hunt or outfitter here. Outfitters and Commercial hunts are welcome.

Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Old 07-31-2007, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Thank you for your comments. This is not high fence hunting. Nilgai are free ranging animals. Nilgai were imported from India, I believe in the 1940's, for their meat. Nilgai meat is some of the best meat around. These are not easy animals to hunt. They have an extremely keen sense of sight and smell. This is a spot and stalk hunt and the best way to have a chance at killing one is to see it before it sees you. If there were not so many Nilgai in South Texas, the chance of even seeing them, let alone killing one would be slim to none. This is a challenging but very rewarding hunting experience.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tlgibson

Looking for a great place to hunt Nilgai? Hunt on a 12,000+ acre ranch in South Texas that has not been commercially hunted! 2 day hunts are available with accomadations at a near by bay house (go fishing off the pier after hunting.) Email [email protected] or call Terri 281-923-4298 for more details!
Looks like I've seen your offer on e-bay also. I've been wanting to come hunt Nilgai for a while now. Was wondering if you offer a cow hunt option like some of the other outfits? What do you usually catch off your pier? Been wanting to try some gulf coast fishing there also.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 PM

We do have cows available. A one day cow hunt is $1200.00. We can add boars to Nilgai hunts as well. The cost on those is $100. for a 150 lbs. and $200. forthose over 150lbs. As far as the fishing goes, usually you can catch sea trout and sand trout and sometimes red fish and flounder off the pier.If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Terri
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Spike

Terri:

What is the price on the BULLS or mgmt bulls if you have any?

thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 AM

A 2 day bull hunt with accomadations and meals is $2200, a 1 day bull hunt is $1650.00. If you have any other questions, please feel toemail me at [email protected] or call 281-923-4298.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Spike

Ha tlgibson,

Have you ever had a trapper come in and move some of theNilgai out. If not would you be interested. Also, what area are you in?

Old 08-05-2007, 09:10 PM

If you are really interested in this, please send me an email orcall me. That would be a difficult job but, might be possible.
Thank you!
Terri
Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

There can't be any such thing as a "management bull" when it comes to nilgai. Heck,there horns don't get longer than like a foot or so anyway. One of my best friends hunted nilgai in Texas and said they were quite a challenge. However, I think the prices quoted here are extremely high. You could go on a fully guided elk trip for that. Plus, there is public land that has hogs and nilgai in TX (where my buddy went) that had cheap licenses for the do it yourselfer. 1650/day?? Wow!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Spike

Hillbillyhunter:

Where exactly did your best friend hunt for Nilgai? I don't think that it is fair to compare a private land hunt with a public land Nilgai hunt? While $1650 maybe sound high, it also is sometime the difference between success and coming home empty handed.
Was your friend successful? I am asking b/c I would be really interested in knowing of public land that offers Nilgai.

thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 AM

There are no management bulls when itcomes to Nilgai. As far as public land in Texas goes, there is none of that, that I know of. I would be very interested in where your friend hunted. There is one place that is close to thatbut, they conduct drawings for the nilgai hunts but, they are very limited in the number of hunts they allow. As far as the price goes, we are really not that high in comparison to other outfitters and ranches that sell these hunts. If you do some checking around on the South Texas ranches and what it cost to hunt Nilgai, you will seethatour costs are not as high as youmight think. These are extremely challenging hunts and our guides are there to make sure that you, the hunter, have a rewarding and successful hunt.

Quick Reply: Hunting Nilgai in South Texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.